Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone evry try a ART DST-830 Rules Breaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone evry try a ART DST-830 Rules Breaker?

I ran across one today and checked it out for a little bit. In the short time I played with it it seemed surprisingly good! Anyone ever play or own one of these things?

Re: Anyone evry try a ART DST-830 Rules Breaker?

Seen them many times but never actually played one.

However, I do have the DST-4 rack preamp/processor and Xtreme preamp/processor pedal, which are essentially the same as the Rule Breaker's preamp. I have been gigging and recording with the Xtreme for several years, and will be using the DST-4 next time I'm in the studio. I run through tube amps, so no idea how the DST-830 speakers and power section would compare.

It's too bad that ART got out of the guitar gear business and sticks mostly to mic preamps and other studio equipment now. They built some great guitar preamps and EQs.
    sigpic

Comment

I think they couldn't get market share in the guitar preamp market because of one big mistake - no onboard tuners like everyone else had. I can't think of anything else that kept them out of the market, because I have an Xtreme and had an ECC and both have great distortions.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I alsohave one of the ART Xtreme processing pedals. It's well built, has some really decent sounds. I had it 4 or 5 years and it has never given me any trouble. As said above the only minor downside is its lack of adjustability. .

Comment

I have a DST-830. I replaced the tube with an NOS Phillips and replaced the Eminence speakers with Hellatone 60's. It is a killer amp!

It takes time to dial up the tastiest tones, but you can save 'em unlike standard amps.

The efx are a bit tricky to navigate. It's my opinion that that is the reason for these never catching on.

If you find one cheap - BUY IT!

Comment

Working...
          X