My Soldano update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Soldano update

Not many of you are even remotely interested in what I am about to say but wtf...

I still totally dig my Soldano rack system. Its at the recording studio in NJ doing a FINE job recording. Our newest AFTERMATH cd is almost finished. I'll be posting clips when we get somemore mixing done. We shot pics for the Album yesterday.
    MY SOLDANO STILL KILLS... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: My Soldano update

I want to hear your sound sometime and see how it compares to mine with the Astroverb "stack"

Comment

is this a record for you John or something?

btw...I still like my 2203, 50CL, 101B, DC-5 and Splawn QR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        is this a record for you John or something?

btw...I still like my 2203, 50CL, 101B, DC-5 and Splawn QR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The band I am in in NJ is called AFTERMATH. There last CD called Natural Destruction was picked up by Escape Music which is a division of Sony. The keyboardist/bass player works as an editor/engineer at Viacom/MTV/MTV2/VH1 so he has connections. There latest CD titled UNDONE was 3/4 done when I joined the band. I co-wrote a few new songs that are to be on it along with re-recording all the lead guitar parts in the songs already written. We are still adding tracks, finishing up with the vocals and then its off to mixing and mastering. After that.. its showcase time and hopefully we will be picked up by a major again.
        The songs are awesome. Many people think we sound like Dream Theater. Anyway, we recorded the guitar tracks using:
        5150 block letter
        5150II
        Marshall DSL100
        Soldano SP77 rack sytem
        Vetta HD
        BOSS GT-6 (for some layering and leads)
        POD 2.0 (for some layering and leads)
        Marshall 1960a with V30's
        Mesa 3/4 back with 90w black shadow
        Peavey 5150 cab loaded with Sheffields

The guitar tone is nice and thick. The Marshall DSL100 and the Soldano together sound fantastic.

Comment

If you guys sound like DT, that is not a bad thing.
          Congrats
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

once you get that thing going we should play a couple shows together up there and down here.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              once you get that thing going we should play a couple shows together up there and down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds cool. We were talking about doing a big show up in Maine in the summer. Once the CD is picked up and released hopefully we will be very busy promoting it. I would have no problem going south.

Comment

Cool! This is a record for you. I think you might have just found your tone bro. I know the SLO did it for me. It is the longest I have ever owned a piece of gear!. lol.

Comment

Cool John...can't waite to hear your stuff..

Yeah, Soldanos kick ass..

I still loves my Ubey!!

Bill Z Bubbles.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My Vetta hasn't been our of the roadcase for almost a month now. My Marshall 3203 is in my gear closet with a fresh retube. It sort of looks good in the closet. Comfortable.
                    I still mainly play my GT-6 through my computer, my Carvin X60 for the SRV stuff and my Soldano for the band and at the recording studio. The Vetta currently is the odd amp out.

Comment

John, weren't you in two bands at one point? I thought you had a 5150II as well as a 5150. Maybe I'm mistaken!

Comment

Yes, I have a 5150II and I recently acquired another 5150 EVH block letter head that I will be selling very shortly.
                        I still am in 2 bands. 1 is in the studio. The other has been out of commission for some time now due to band member illness's.
                        As a musician in a band I need 1 of 2 things to stay motivated. Recording or playing live. I'm not much or a rehearsal type guy unless there are gigs to rehearse for. My local band Chase has no gigs booked or planned so I sort of lost interest at the moment. Our last gig was Jan 7th.
                        Aftermath is busy in the studio. We did a photo shoot on Sunday morning for the album and the website and we recorded in the afternoon. They are hoping this latest CD gets picked up and if it does I will have my hands full with 1 band at least.

Comment

"so I sort of lost interest at the moment. Our last gig was Jan 7th. "
                          dude, i hear ya.....my last gig was october 29th or something.....ok, we're currently writing a record, that's why we cut back on the gigs so much, but still.....i'm REALLY missing it, the thrill, the people, the intensity, the feeling of having a few hundred people in front of you just going CRAZY because of your music and your stage presence...and of course the chicks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          thank GOD we're gonna play a gig next saturday (mar 18th) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] writing sucks....too much rehearsal time, not enough gigs....

as for the soldano, i'm glad you're still digging it.
                          i really like my 5150 right now, but i haven't found that very special tone that i could honestly call *MY* tone yet.....to me, the 5150 is what a marshall should sound like. listen to kreator's live creation CD, mille used his 5150 for that record (he's on the left side)....when i first bought that record years ago i thought "yeah, jcm800 + overdrive"....no way, my jcm800 is nowhere near that...the 5150 is though...thank god.
                          i'm still gas-ing for a recto and/or framus cobra, though. that exodus - tempo of the damned (recorded with gary holt's modded marshall) got me hooked BAD.

edit: ok that last sentence doesn't make any sense....the reason why i mentioned that sound is because i feel the cobra's crunch channel with the mid scoop disengaged could almost nail that tone....

Comment

Hopefully, my band Chase will get back on track one day. I am also talking to a buddy of mine regarding a Metallica/Judas Priest tribute band. Tell me that wouldn't be cool as hell. I love playing in bands. I just don't like band rehearsal. Call it a flaw of mine. I do.

Comment

"I just don't like band rehearsal. Call it a flaw of mine. I do."
                              for me, rehearsal is nothing more than a high volume amp tweaking session [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              i mean, i've been playing these songs for more than one year now, i know how to play this stuff....i'm basically only rehearsing because of the opportunity to hear my amp cranked [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              plus my other guitar player is a slow ass as far as writing is concerned....officially we've been in "writing mode" since november, and we don't even have one single song finished as of now....got 4 in the works though. and the clock is ticking....5 months till studio...

Comment

Working...
                              X