KT77s!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT77s!!!!!

All you EL34 and E34L fans need to check out the new JJ KT77 tubes. This was an old tube that's been discontinued for quite a long time and now reissued. I ordered one over the weekend from Eurotubes ( www.eurotubes.com ) for my THD Univalve, got it today, and it's it incredible! It's like an EL34 with a little better, fatter low end, smooth distortion that's maybe a tiny bit less aggressive, but the tone is awesome. I'm sure I'll need to break it in for a few more hours for more added sweetness, but this tube rocks so far!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: KT77s!!!!!

On the HC forum a couple of guys are putting these into their Stilettos and speaking very highly of them.

Comment

Re: KT77s!!!!!

Thanks for the post. I will definately need to check those out.

Comment

Anyone try the KT66 (6l6GC) replacment?

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I have just ordered an new splawn qucick rod with 77"s. I do love el-34's but my modded 2203 with kt-88's kicks ass. The 77's are supposed to be in the middle of these two types of tubes.

Comment

I'm about to do get those KT77 from Eurotubes for my Marshall DSL50.

Thanks for letting us know they rock! I'll keep ya all posted.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Sorry guys but I am almost a noob when it comes to tubes swap. If I am correct I can switch the 6l6gc in my mesa Single Recto with KT66 right? Which is the main difference between them?

Comment

Joe, I know nothing about tube amps and swaps. My 2203 clone has el34's. Do the kt77's just plug in or does the amp have to be modded beyond a rebias to take them? Will they make my amp more broootal? Harrrrr......:ROTF:
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re-bias. It will add low end and will tighten up the bass too Scott. It will not really add gain but will give your bottom end more definition. The gain will be rich and creamy.
                  Last edited by Firebird V; 12-06-2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

will these work well in my Mesa MarkIV?

Comment

Wow, this is an old thread! They'll work in anything that will take EL34s.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Wow, this is an old thread! They'll work in anything that will take EL34s.
                        Cool thanks I'll think I will give them a try. which type is best for metal Early, Average, or Late Distortion, I really don't know much about tubes.

Comment

I've had a set in my JSX head for about a month or so now and
                          I love em, they added some crunch and killed some of the upper mids.
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I really liked the KT66's better in the SLO. Might want to try those too.

Comment

Working...
                            X