Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the last time- tremoverb power tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the last time- tremoverb power tubes?

So I've made a thread like this in the past, but it got pruned. My tremoverb needs new power tubes.

I know I can just throw in a matched set of any of the boogie tubes.

However, i've read varying reports on other 6L6s. Since the boogie does not have a bias pot or a built in bias adjuster thing, what matched set of tubes can I buy to drop right into the boogie without rebiasing it?

I don't really care THAT much if I get a little less life out of the tubes.

Anybody? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] This tube jazz confuses me.

Re: For the last time- tremoverb power tubes?

look at the boogie tubes that are in there. they should have a number on them. go to your boogie dealer and buy tubes with the same number. that is the easiest way.

boogies tubes are decent, especially for their amps. personally i'd just go that route. a lot of mumbo jumbo gets spread around about tubes and bias and all that stuff. it can make a difference on tone, but it gets VERY scientific and expensive.

hope that helps.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If it turns out that it is a huge hassle, that is what I planned to do. I've just heard that other tubes can really make the boogies sing.

Comment

i reccommend calling bob and www.eurotubes.com and get him to send you a matched quad. you'll spend less than buying boodie tubes and i personally like the tone of JJ powertubes better than boogie brand.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Too late to buy these but wait for the next pair. These were when men were men and tubes were "tubes" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Old-Tung-Sol-5881-...1QQcmdZViewItem
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Woops. Forgot to add that I need these tubes by THIS friday morning. So no internet ordering for me.

Comment

In that case, I would just take your old ones apart and clean them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Uh, Fett? When you take vacuum tubes apart, they don't have a vacuum anymore, which is important and why they call 'em vacuum tubes! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I agree this is short notice asking for a solution though, and if I were Paddok would at least state what town I was currently in, whether up north or down south so to speak.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

go down to GC and get 2 matched pair of boogie tubes.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think that is my best bet I guess. I'm living in Los Angeles, though the Amp is in NorCal at the moment.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I agree this is short notice asking for a solution though, and if I were Paddok would at least state what town I was currently in, whether up north or down south so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really asking for a solution, since I know I can buy those boogie tubes, but I'm just wondering, will the world come to an end if I buy some EH 6L6's and stick them in there?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Woops. Forgot to add that I need these tubes by THIS friday morning. So no internet ordering for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Order them from Bob at Eurotubes... you'll most likely have them by Friday. I ordered a new KT77 for my Univalve over the weekend (very early Friday morning), I had it by yesterday afternoon. Though, you may want to call or email them just to see how quick they can get them out to you if you do go that way.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          will the world come to an end if I buy some EH 6L6's and stick them in there?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Probably not. I changed the pair of stock EL84 Boogie tubes in my old F-30 combo to a pair of JJs and didn't have any problem.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is what I wanted to know. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X