engl XXL cab, anybody use one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engl XXL cab, anybody use one?

Hey guys im gonna be purchasing a new cab soon and i am Stuck between choosing a Splawn cab with eminance speakers , the Vintage 30, gt12 upgrade splawn cab. or going with the engl XXL cab. i want this to be the cab that ends all my cab searches for good, so what do you guys think..i want the Cab to sound good with both an ENGL powerball and the Cobra, where recording a demo this Summer thats gonna cost us a about 2500 so i would really like the sound to be top notch. Help me out guys.... where death metal, sorta a combination of Dimmu borgir and Opeth.. alot of clean interludes. But we need that crushing Tone. anybody got any decent pictures as well

Re: engl XXL cab, anybody use one?

I think Gilbert from Severed Savior was selling one in the classifieds not too long ago; he could probably give you a tone report [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo,
      I actually decided to keep my XXL. I only put it up for sale cause at the time I needed some cash.
      Anyways, it's the nicest cab I've ever owned or tried. (I use a Vader 4x12 live though)
      The XXL sounds awesome for everything, clean , crunch, high gain rhythm and leads. My main problem with the cab is that it is gigantic, and weighs a ton. Also It's so nice I don't want to ruin it by taking it out on the road. It's super high quality inside and out. If you saw the inside of it, you would know what I'm talkin about.
      Tonally, it's very tight, has a lot of bottom end, and no "boominess". It's brighter than my Vader cab, which is probably due to the v-30's, which I am not a huge fan of.
      But it cuts through well, and holds together at very high volume. Incredible cab, though it is expensive and very large/heavy.
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Hey dude..thanks for the info.that helps alot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yo,
          I actually decided to keep my XXL. I only put it up for sale cause at the time I needed some cash.
          Anyways, it's the nicest cab I've ever owned or tried. (I use a Vader 4x12 live though)
          The XXL sounds awesome for everything, clean , crunch, high gain rhythm and leads. My main problem with the cab is that it is gigantic, and weighs a ton. Also It's so nice I don't want to ruin it by taking it out on the road. It's super high quality inside and out. If you saw the inside of it, you would know what I'm talkin about.
          Tonally, it's very tight, has a lot of bottom end, and no "boominess". It's brighter than my Vader cab, which is probably due to the v-30's, which I am not a huge fan of.
          But it cuts through well, and holds together at very high volume. Incredible cab, though it is expensive and very large/heavy.

[/ QUOTE ] +1 I have one myself and think the exact way you do about it. Its an awesome cab, but its huge.

Comment

so.i will have tremendous tone...but everyone will think i have a small penis.... ok..i can live with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

still haven't made up ypur mind?again the splawn is a great cab for the powerball and so is the vader 4x12.I vaven't been able to try the xxl cab but have heared good things about it but the V30's make me weary of it
              www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

The XXL cab sounds nothing like a mesa cab with vintage 30's. It doesn't have that midrange honk like a mesa cab has and also does not sound dark. The XXL is a front loaded cab and I believe it uses the English made celestion vintage 30's opposed to the Chinese made vintage 30's. It's definitely a lot brighter and fuller sounding than a mesa cab.

Comment

i played a xxl at rock solid amps and i was huge sounding. i liked it.

Comment

Working...
                  X