Running 2 Preamps Into A Single Power Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 2 Preamps Into A Single Power Amplifier

I want to run preamps into my PA. I already have an ABY box, so i can hook my guitar into both preamps and switch between them, and my PA has 2 input channels, but I don't know how to run the output to the 2 speaker cabs I have. I would like the amp to use both speakers, if possible, rather than just running one or the other depending on which channel i have enabled.

The PA is a QSC RMX 1450. I have stereo, parallel, and bridge mono modes to choose from. Which one do I want?

Re: Running 2 Preamps Into A Single Power Amplifie

Try bridged mono. Just make sure you know how to set up your PA appropriatly, especially your ohms settings.

HTH

Comment

I would guess parallel, but I don't know the details of that power amp

Comment

hmm actually I'm so bored here in work I found a user manual for you:

http://www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/manuals...ser_Manual.pdf

and it looks like none of those modes do what you want, stereo is 2 separate inputs driving 2 totally separate power amps, basically; parallel jumpers together the inputs for both channels, so you can only input into channel 1; and bridged mono bridges the 2 separate power amps together, giving you basically a more powerful single-channel power amp, again only letting you use channel 1 for input. it looks like the only way to use both inputs for separate preamps is to run stereo, but that's going to make it strictly cabinet A for preamp A and cabinet B for preamp B and only both cabs when you're running both preamps (Y)

Comment

yeah, thats kinda what i figured. i guess i'll just make do with one preamp.

Comment

Working...
          X