MXR Distortion +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Distortion +

I grew up in the late 70's early 80's using the famous MXR Distortion +. It was my one and only distortion stomp box when I did some of my biggest gigs during that time.
    I recently got another one. Its a damn good pedal for adding another stage of gain to an already overdriven tube amp. I would consider it a great choice for you 2203/2203 players. Randy Rhoads used one.

Re: MXR Distortion +

I have one too John. I'll be damned if I can find it though. I probably haven't used it since 86. I should dig it out. Great pedal.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I have one too John. I'll be damned if I can find it though. I probably haven't used it since 86. I should dig it out. Great pedal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw it in front of your Stiletto for that added over the top gain when you need it.

Comment

Agreed, the older ones are great pedals. I don't know how the newer reissue ones are. I still have one and still use it sometimes. Great pedal!!!

Comment

I recently got one just for fun but, I wish I could find an MXR Distortion2

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Agreed, the older ones are great pedals. I don't know how the newer reissue ones are. I still have one and still use it sometimes. Great pedal!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played the original and the reissue. There is no difference other than the price to my ears.

Comment

I used to use it in from of a Fender Deluxe Reverb I used to have. Screamed. I wish I still had that amp.
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I used to use it in from of a Fender Deluxe Reverb I used to have. Screamed. I wish I still had that amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, you gotta check out my Carvin X60 with the Telefunkens in it. Wow.

Comment

I use to own a Carvin X 60 yeara ago, they are some of the best built amps alive, over the top well made and super heavy. Mine was a 1x12 and took distortion pedals very well, I should have kept it!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Randy Rhoads used one.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Is that why his tone sucked?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Randy Rhoads used one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you rely on the Distortion + as your sole source of distortion (using it in front of a clean channel) its pretty hard to get a great sound in todays standards. If you put it in front of an already moderately overdriven tube amp and you keep the distortion level on the MXR around 4 it really shines.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        Randy Rhoads used one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious Joe? I thought I was the only one who had the audacity to say that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I always hated his tone.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yes, I'm serious! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He was a great player, but his tone was pretty bleccch!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            Randy Rhoads used one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious Joe? I thought I was the only one who had the audacity to say that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I always hated his tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

His lead tone was pretty good but I was never a fan of his live rhythm tone either. It was kind of thin. His double tracked studio solo's really hurt his live tone because live it just wasn't fat enough. Randy was really cool though and REALLY good on the guitar. An 82lb MONSTER.

Comment

Working...
                            X