Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion 75s vs. 30s

Hey guys,
    Two questions. I've seen a lot of talk lately about how great the G12T-75s are. I've always used the Vintage 30s, but am I missing something? What do the 75s have to offer? Also, Celestion describes the tone of the 75 to have relaxed mids, while the 30s have "fat mids". Question 2: Would I have to dial in less mids with the 30s to get the same tone I'd have with 75s?

Thanks a lot,
    Nick

Re: Celestion 75s vs. 30s

From what I understand, the 75's will give you more of the highs and the 30's are voiced very evenly tone-wise. The mids are a little less on the 75, but voiced differently than the 30's, so dialing out the mids on your amp won't give you the exact sound as the 75's. The tone is a tad warmer (to me, with my amp) than a 75 loaded cab also. Randall and Bogner have cabs with the 75's and 30's in an X pattern, giving you the best of the highs and lows. I haven't played through it myself yet, but some of the local bands playing through em sounding incredible

Comment

The X pattern sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Jack.

Comment

it all boils down to what sound YOU want.

g75-T's have a "smoother" crunch IMO. and vin 30's have a "harder" sound. while greenbacks sound more "organic" to me.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I play through 2 2x12 cabs, one with celestion 75's and the other with Vintage 30's. The 75's seem to have a lot more chunk / bottom end than the 30's. The 30's cut through a lot better though. All in all they complement each other really well.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the input. Maybe the next 4x12 I get to complete my full stack I'll get 75s. Interestingly, I've always thought my tone with V30s was really hard sounding. It's a rockin' tone, but some warmth would be sweet.

Cheers,
            Nick

Comment

V30s have more mids. 75s have more bass and treble with scooped mids.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the Eminence Texas Heat speakers rule the roost !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  the Eminence Texas Heat speakers rule the roost !

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I've actually got a pair of them sitting around. I've gotta replace the broken speaker terminals on them first before I can use them. I hear they are excellent, though.

Comment

I prefer the 75s..I don't care much for the 30's..

I get a girthier / edgey tone with the 75s...80's are even better IMO.

But I got five Marshall cabs worth of 75's..I'll stick to these..

The 30's sound pretty cool in the over-sized recto cab..they sounded best in that cab IMO.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey guys, what is the name of the Emminence speaker that clones the G12T-75? thanks-Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Hey guys, what is the name of the Emminence speaker that clones the G12T-75? thanks-Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I'm not totally positive, but I think it's the Blue Tick Hound.
                        http://editweb.iglou.com/eminence/em...tonalguide.htm

Comment

Thanks bro!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
                          X