Suggest me a good boost pedal for my JSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me a good boost pedal for my JSX

Kinda off topic, but on topic enough. Our BBE rep came by with the new pedals they came out with and gave us a demo. I've gotta say, I was impressed! The signal stays really clean and every pedal sounds great. The Green Screamer (based on the tube screamer) has a bit more gain and sounds smooth and creamy, or it'll give you a bit more bite to your sound. The frequency boost is kinda like a treble booster which might also be a good suggestion. I think they are priced the same as the Boss products and come with a power adapter too. If you haven't heard em (most likely not, they just came out) check out your local dealer and give em a shot. What really impressed me was how clean the signal stayed. They are all true bypass and are modelled after boutique pedals and sound incredible.

Comment

MI Audio Blues Pro or Crunch Box would DEFINITELY do the trick!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Z. Vex Super Hard On is the best that I have heard.
        MXR Micro Amp is cool too.

These are true "boost" pedals that simply slam the front end of your amp a bit harder without adding color to the tone.
        Most people have been recommending overdrive/distortion pedals that will definitely color your tone, like any of the TS-808/TS-9 clones will add a mid hump, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Micro Amp colors quite a bit imho... the SHO won't, but they are pretty expensive. The one thing that's nice about the mid boost on the stock TS pedals is that they work well to add more aggresiveness/punch to the tone. They can be modded to remove the mid hump. I'd also recommend the Bad Monkey pedal - it's a bargain and better imho than a stock tube screamer or super overdrive.

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X