Mesa Halfback/speaker questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Halfback/speaker questions.

Ok, I love my Mesa halfback cab it's small, easy to tote around and it's easy to work on.

I've been looking for a Marshall 1960 with with Celestian G12T-75's. That cab sounds the best with my Stiletto. The halfback sounds ok, but the C90/vintage30 combo and the fact that the upper half is open isn't working for me or the Stiletto.

I was thinking about replacing all of the speakers with the G12T-75s and closing up the back. Will this get me close to the 1960 sound? Is there something about the construction of either speaker cab that will make significant change in the tone?

Would I just be better off getting a Marshall 1960.

I'd love it if this cab could sound like the Marshall 1960.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Mesa Halfback/speaker questions.

bump.

Anyone? I think I'm just going to do it. What is the worst thing that could happen?
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Re: Mesa Halfback/speaker questions.

nothing really!! go for it. i read this yesterday but i HATE the 75 watt celestions and the sound of 1960 cabs...but try out your experiment. at worst you just made an ugly back to a cool cab. you can always take it off.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X