Peavey Classic 50/50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 50/50

Hey, i managed to find one for a pretty good price. I just need to send the money to the owner and for him to deliever it. How do these things sound with ADA MP-1s? i've been using my ADA through my Marshall head (now sold) and the lead tone could of sounded better. It was too thin for me through the head.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Peavey Classic 50/50

i used an ADA through a peavey 50/50 for years. i LOVED it!! it was very girthy. i had a tone almost identical to adrain smith on "accident of birth". i used that rack set up with a marshall 4x12 with EV speakers. it was godly....except i needed a better clean sound so i dumped the rack and went back to my riveras.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Classic 50/50? Was there another variant? Reason I ask is because I own a Classic 60/60. I used to run an MP-1 through it as well, before I got my TwinTube.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

60/60 has 6L6 tubes. the 50/50 is EL84's....if i remember right.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

yep..50/50 has the controls/tone shaping on the front-better layout IMO..the el84's have a different tone than 6L6's tho.
          Still the 50/50 has some nice features, its a better amp in some ways, 2 space as opposed to 3 but a bitch to retube.
          There's also a 120/120..major boat anchor and also monster to retube.

Comment

I have a 50/50, got it for a great price and it's mated to my 2120, which I am about to finally start using again. So far it sounds great, and the controls at the front are really good.

Comment

I love my 50/50, I think it would sound abit better if I put some new tubes in it. But still sounds great so, eventually. Currently I have a TubeFex for preamp & effects.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I've got one of those 50/50s too, as heavy as they are cool.

Comment

When my band was in the studio this time last year, the owner had an MP-1 running into a Classic 50/50 and Genz-Benz G-Flex 212...apparently for his Lynch fix. Although it's not quite the tone I'd want for my own material, it definitely sounded good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X