Review of my new Line 6 Spider II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review of my new Line 6 Spider II

I've always foudn the Spiders lower gain models to be better don't know why, then again my VAMP does High gain better imo allthough i'm starting to dislike modelers ever since I played the valve king head, just had balls and things modelers cannot model, allthough for thier flexibillity they are good, however i'd probably pick up a Vampire, might get the head cab and floorboard, as they just have sounds I prefer Engl savage beast model for examlpe.

I also seem to be able to pull upa great souinding patch in seconds it takes a long while to tweak line 6's stuff to really sound good....

I can see this being a disadvantage in live settings...

HOwever most of you seem to use these for practise.

I've always thought the marshall medium/heavy gain settings were good however the modern metal settings suck imo they just sound scooped no matter what you do with them...

That might be ok for the guys wanting to do limp bizcuit, you could probably nail that sound with thier drop C'd PRS's, I need mids in My sound and need t cut through....

I would definately take anything by behringer in thier modeling arsenal including the vampires, and vtones...

From the sounds of things though the original poster is quite happy with the marshall esque tones...

I also like the jazzy cleans from them too...

I generally prefer other modelers to line 6 stuff, the high end stuff is good but I never really like the sounds they get....

Ozz

Ozz

Comment

Working...
    X