• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best wah pedal?

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/

Comment

I have a Bad Horsie II and a VOX. I like both of them.

Comment

I use the Fulltone Clyde.

www.fulltone.com

There is a deluxe model of it now....but I use the original basic model.
        It has a really great deep & throaty wah tone.....kind of like the old Cream era Clapton sound. I love this wah.

Teese RMC wahs are great too from what I've heard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Teese: http://www.realmccoycustom.com/ These are not for everybody, though. Some claim they sound like God, others say, 'God, these suck'. The one I've heard, the special order 'Wheels of Fire', does 'White Room' perfectly, which is no small feat.

If you are looking for one that gets the tones you expect right off the bat, it's the Bad Horsie. I am not a wah user, but I could sure fake it with the Morley.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, sure, they're "not for everyone," but neither is sexual intercourse. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I've followed Geoff's pedals for a long time--I'm sure you can find some folks who don't like them, but they're certainly very well-liked in general--I've never heard the "God these suck" reaction, myself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Morleys, on the other hand, definitely derive more mixed reactions from wah fans. Nothing against them--I personally think the Bad Horsie is a fine sounding wah (and very sturdy as I recall).

I'd agree a Teese might be overkill if you're an infrequent wah user--they're pricey, and the RMC3 in particular might have too much tweakability for the non-hardcore.

...and I agree with everyone on Fulltone wahs. Also killer!

Comment

I want a Vox McCoy. I've heard the demo and love it.

Comment

A normal crybaby modded by www.wah-wah.co.uk, this guy is a genius!

The Vox wahs are pretty good too though.

Anyone heard about the new Slash wah wah?

Comment

To me most of the time it's NOT the wah...it's the player attempting to use the wah..

I seen some pretty good players totally suck ass with a wah..they rock on it randomly ..sounding like shit..

Mike Amott is one of the few modern players that uses a wah the right way..just as Uli, SRV and others did in the day..just accenting bends, vibrato and trills..

some fags go total Kim Thail on it..no matter what song they're playin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Budda wah for me as well, but the Dunlop classic and 535Q are pretty cool too!

Comment

"the Dunlop classic and 535Q are pretty cool too!"

That's what I use..I tried the Bad Horsie and whatnot..no thanks!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      To me most of the time it's NOT the wah...it's the player attempting to use the wah..

I seen some pretty good players totally suck ass with a wah..they rock on it randomly ..sounding like shit..

Mike Amott is one of the few modern players that uses a wah the right way..just as Uli, SRV and others did in the day..just accenting bends, vibrato and trills..

some fags go total Kim Thail on it..no matter what song they're playin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, you are 100% correct Bill. I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Well Thanks John...just sharing a observation is all..

it's not the equipment half of the time..it's the player.

I think! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well Thanks John...just sharing a observation is all..

it's not the equipment half of the time..it's the player.

I think! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW.. I am one of those sucky wah users.
                          The only songs I do a decent wah on are Sweet Child of Mine and Man in the Box.
                          I seem to know everything about wahs except how to use one.

Comment

I'm still diggin' my dunlop Wah that was modded by JGCable... it rocks!

Pete

Comment

My favorite wah is still the Jimi Hendrix wah...I went and bought one after I saw Jerry Cantrell using it. I've played some that have a sweeter sound and more "vintage-appropriate" but the Hendrix wah is just nasty sounding without being shrill and very good to use as a filter.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....My singer praised at my wah abilties..he played with some pretty mean players who use the wah...he insists..but I confirmed that he was right..they suck at the wah...basically just made things noisy and more incoherent over uber fast runs..

I never use it a notch filter like Schenker does...which is cool...it sure works for him!

I use it only for bends and shit..less is more sometimes when using the wah...just subtle usage when doing certain things.

I LOVE the way Mike Amott uses it!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Box, the Hendrix wah is awesome...but I have that setting in my 535Q which I use! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X