Maxon OD808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxon OD808

Got one of these on the strength of a guitar mag review cause I wasn't quite happy with my BB2 . It took a couple days of fiddling with it to get the thing dialed in the way I want it am and I am very happy with the sound. I am using it to get a really nice Cream/Free overdrive thru my clean channel on my Boogie F50. I still love the Drive channel for more metal sounds, but this thing will go from Albert King/Muddy Waters to Cream/Free instantly. Super easy to set up and tweak on the fly. So far its my fave overdrive pedal. Blows the BB2 away. In my Cream setting thru the neck pup of my SG (57 pups) this thing just sings. I love it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Re: Maxon OD808

I've had luck with numerous Maxon products over the years, they are a great company. You probably know that most of the Ibanez electronics is really OEM Maxon. The original (and later) tubescreamer included. but by far not limited to.

Comment

If it's like the Maxon OD-9, that pedal is true bypass as well.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

i've had my OD808 for a few months now. i love it. good call.

Comment

I don't think the OD808 is true bypass, but I don't think it affects the signal that much anyways.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I don't think the OD808 is true bypass, but I don't think it affects the signal that much anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too many of the newer better pedals effect the signal that much. They have circuits that compensate for the lack of true bypass. They call them buffer circuits. I have a/b'd many Boss pedals to compare between true bypass and stock. Not much difference with 1 or 2 until you start adding multiple pedals. For instance.. the GCB-95 is notorious for being a tone sucker but many players actually prefer the way the non-bypass buffer circuit effects their guitar signal. Especially blues players.

Comment

Resurrection Question

Originally posted by akoch
              I've had luck with numerous Maxon products over the years, they are a great company. You probably know that most of the Ibanez electronics is really OEM Maxon. The original (and later) tubescreamer included. but by far not limited to.

I was thinking about picking one of these up and I've noticed that the Maxon and the Ibanez look the same. (at least that one series of pedals) Are they the same thing, are they made at the same place and if so, why does the Maxon cost so much more?

Comment

If you like the Maxon OD-808, you'll love the Maxon OD-820!
                An even fatter low end with slitely less midrange, definatly a winner!

Comment

Working...
                X