Doubler effect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubler effect...

Hey guys, I once again need to use the pool of knowledge of the JCF community [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]...
    I was bidding on two MXR Flanger/Doubler this week, and both of them have gone beyond what I was willing to pay.
    I was looking for them units to use to double my signal, in order to beef my sound up a bit...
    Now that this is out the window, I also read that one could use a delay to get this particular effect... Any idea how to? Any recommendation on a particular delay?
    Thanks guys!

Re: Doubler effect...

You'd just keep it set fairly low, like a slap-back delay/reverb effect, that'll thicken your sound up a bit.
    You can also try a chorus pedal with the controls set low to off... even with the unit on, it will still give a slight doubled effect.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

actually, if i wanted to make my leads sound HUGE i'd certainly go for a delay pedal rather than one of these mxr units.
      i just love the sound of a george lynch style slap back delay [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a chorus (set the same way as mentioned above) and slight delay on my leads and it works wonders

Comment

Alright, thanks guys, what about some good delays/chorus I could get then?

Comment

Delay is the way!

Check out the DigiTech Stereo digital delay. I have one and I think it does alot for the money. Several delays and echos to choose from, including a vintage tape echo style mode. It will also chorus.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

will try that! thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X