Boss Octave Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss Octave Pedal

Thanks for the great responses!!! I sounds like I should hold off on any pedal of this kind!!!

Comment

Since some of you guys are running the Boss Harmonist, does it work well with the guitar tuned down to Eb? My band does lots of 80's stuff that is tuned to Eb and I do have a Boss Harmonist pedal I picked up off E-Bay a couple years ago. I was never able to figure out what to set it at to get those cool 80's harmonized solos. With the guitar tuned to Eb do I still set the knob to say A minor for example or does it need to be changed to something else to play correctly? I don't read music or have formal theory training so this isn't the easiest thing for me to do however I can tell when it sounds correct and when it doesn't. Basically I need to know if this pedal was made to run with your guitar strictly in standard tune or is Eb tuning or even D O.K. to use with it? if so, what do I need to do to compensate for this if anything?
      Also, when I did use this pedal I ran my guitar into it the Harmonist input then on to other pedals or the amp. Is this the best way to run this pedal or should the Detector Input be used as well? I figured if the guitar ran directly into it then its getting the cleanest signal possible so I never bothered with the Detector input.
      If this offshoot from the OC2 pedal thread to the HR2 is too much and the admins think it should be its own thread , please feel free to move it. I just figured since we're on the subject of harmonizers here I'd ask it here.
      Thanks.

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well if you're playing in Eb, then a solo that in standard tuning would be in A is now going to be Ab. Just set the pedal 1/2 step lower than you would if you were playing the solo in standard tuning

Comment

The problem is that there is no # or b setting on it. The knob only goes A min or A, B min or B, etc...

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Get a harmonizer pedal - you can do octaves, it will track better and you can even do cool harmonies with it! I use mine live to play all sorts of '2 guitar' solos and it works great.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you use the harmonizer in the Goodbye to Romance Solo? or is that just delay?

Comment

Working...
            X