Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused...how do you run two heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused...how do you run two heads?

I was talking to the guitarist for Chimaira, the opening band for Children of Bodom. He said he ran an Engl Powerball together with a 5150, mic'd the two cabs and then mixed the tones at the soundboard. It all made sense to me until later...I realized, how did he split his guitar signal to the two cabs? Does something exist like an A/B box that lets you run both channels at once?

Thanks a lot,
    Nick

Re: I\'m confused...how do you run two heads?

yes. the morley ABY does that. tonebone makes a pedal that does that. a stereo chorus turned off would work....actually any stereo effect pedal will work.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I use a morley to a/b two heads. I used to use a DOD on occasion years ago. Morley makes an A/B/C pedal too but.. I really have been wanting to upgrade to the Tonebone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        yes. the morley ABY does that. tonebone makes a pedal that does that. a stereo chorus turned off would work....actually any stereo effect pedal will work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think so wouldn't you. My Ibanez delay pedal doesn't though. When you turn the delay off, the other channel goes off completely. I'm pissed about that too, because I wanted to use it as a splitter.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

it works great with my stereo chorus and stereo phaser pedals!! sorry the ibanez let you down....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X