Marshall 18 day II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 18 day II

Had to put the faceplate on so I could attach/wire up the switches. Went ahead and left the protective covering over it though.

This is the heater wiring, it's what makes your tubes light up. Some amps have the wiring up above the board, most marshalls have them low and tucked down against the chassis like this. I prefer low because then you aren't fighting with the wiring on the rest of the sockets as much, and I like how it looks. Jack that isn't hooked up is there so the back plate isn't attached only from one side, letting it flex.

Power section. Haven't wired up the capacitor can yet, but much of the power section is done. Wires didn't need to be twisted together for any reason other than neatness except for the green heater wiring - it helps cut down on noise. The wires going out the top of the chassis are there to keep them out of the way.

So far: 3 hours today + 2.5 hours yesterday, 5.5 hours total.

Pete

Re: Marshall 18 day II

Looks great, Pete! Can't wait for sound clips!

Comment

This is goung to be sweet man.

Comment

This is some interesting shit. Where did you learn how to do this stuff?

Comment

Thanks guys. I read books for a few years before I built my first amp. Takes a lot of research, but you can find the info on the web. Been building fx pedals since I was 16, and also have had several tech jobs where I repaired high voltage monitors and such.

Pete

Comment

Nice work Pete. Amazing stuff!
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Looking awesome Pete. By the looks of things, you'll have her done in a week. Then I suppose we'll be waiting for the cab for another 6 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks guys. Zeeg, might be a little longer than a week. I'm taking the weekend off most likely - the wife is about to kill me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think you could be right about that cab. Cross your fingers, I know I'm going to. If the cab is as nice as the kit so far though, it will be worth the wait.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X