Marshall Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Day III

Most of the power supply and output tubes are wired. Still need to do a few grounds and some connections to the turret board. The kit doesn't have much for grounds, so I added some grounding parts to the lower lefthand side of the transformer on the bolt. This is going to ground out the power supply side of the amp. I'm going to have another one on the other end of the amp for the preamp.

None of the wires from the turret board are connected. I put it in the amp so I could get the wire length fairly close. Yellow are signal, red high voltage, black is ground or cathodes. The kit didn't include the black cloth wire, I had some leftover and decided to use it.

A better view of the pots. I also ran a 5v wire to the power indicator, which is supposed to be run off the heater voltage, but that makes a mess. 5V is still plenty bright and it makes for a much neater layout on that side.

Probably going to take the weekend off. Currently at 3 more hours, so that's what, 8.5 or so? Still have quite a ways to go.

Pete

Re: Marshall Day III

Looks good Pete. If you happen to find an amp
    in a basket on your doorstep with a note taped to it...
    its because somebody knows you'll care for their unwanted stepchild of an amp. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X