Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to get the best out of a 5150?

[ QUOTE ]
    OK , I guess I was wrong..DD3keegs just advised me...does anyone have those Jerry P modded 5150 clips...?

[/ QUOTE ]
    http://www.fjamods.com/Clips.html

(scroll down a bit to get to the 5150 section)

Comment

Thanks Yabba...I will listen to these very carefully when I get back..I gotta go get the boy from school!!

Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, the "FJA 5150" sound clips were cool..nothing that took me by surpise honestly..they did sound good tho! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Man, I wished alot of other clips would open..I didn't like some of the other 5150 clips at all..and a couple of the XXX ones that did open sounded dead and mushy..ehhh.

I wanted to hear the 5150 with EL34's..using my Uber as a benchmark.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

those marshalls sounded lame to me..tried a few clips..got two seconds into them ..that was enough [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Thanks Yabba...I will listen to these very carefully when I get back..I gotta go get the boy from school!!

Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        no prob Bill! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Hmm.. only the first 6 5150 clips seem work (the links to the others are dead [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

ahh, the GNR one down a ways works too, and so do a couple others; it looks all the digitalsoundplanet ones don't work (maybe digitalsoundplanet is down?)

Comment

Cool Yabba..I edited my reply from earlier..

so BUMP! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the "FJA 5150" sound clips were cool..nothing that took me by surpise honestly..they did sound good tho! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

super ditto..whats in the 5150? Mods? tubes?

Comment

This is a clip of my old FJA modded 5150. Signal chain was 707's -> Maxon OD808 and BOSS NS-2 -> 5150 -> Rivera 4x12 with V30's -> SM57.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=3192316

Comment

fucking awesome dude! sounded great.

Comment

Ya that does sound pretty f'n good! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

DSS3 YOU DICK...(kidding)..: P

That sounded good bro...Nice NEVERMORE man..wink wink!!

Had me headbangin'...Rock On wit yo bad sef!!!!!!

I liked YOUR clips BETTER than ANY those MOD Clips..!!!

Celestions huh...kiss my ass...hahhaaa haaaaa..good playin' man!!

Bill

Comment

Haha thanks much.

I find that the 5150 cabs sound really good in the room and on tour, but mic'd up, they're generally not so good. Kind of fizzy and unfocused.

I should contact Jerry about recording some clips for his site, as I now have some better recording gear. I'll just have to borrow the head (sold it to a local friend). I was thinking about borrowing it (if I don't get a JCM900) when I go ahead and record the album I'm working on, but I might have to borrow it a bit earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X