JMP1 Dead display?? Cross post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMP1 Dead display?? Cross post

Weird - just got a JMP1, and the first time I used it, the display sort of "skipped" like it was cutting out. Third time I plug it in.. NO display (no LED readout, none of the buttons light up, etc) but the sound works!??!
    I can also make adjustments (OD1, OD, change bass & treble levels, etc)...
    Anyone ever have this problem?
    Thanks

PS - SOUNDS great !

Re: JMP1 Dead display?? Cross post

hmmmm, no..I haven't

Umm..once it got very shrilly and fuzzy ..the 12ax7 in it took a dump and I just popped abother one in and it was back better than before..

your symptom sounds different tho..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Guess I'll have to drop it off at (shudder) Scam Cash.. oops Slam Ass... er, ah Sam Ash... the local authorized Marshall repair center [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Shipped the one I had to Marshall/Korg service (I think it was in New york)three times and they never fixed the channel differentiation of one channel being louder that the other.

Ugh... Those guys were jokes... A local guy eventually fixed it.

Comment

Most likely, the display on the JMP1 has a backlight that crapped out in transit. Its a pretty easy fix once you get that sucker all apart. If you need help with it Wayne.. let me know. I might be able to fix it if I can get the part or even a replacement display. I promise not to drop any hot solder into your circuit board!!! John G

Comment

It's comforting that there is dudes like Pete, John G and CM-John around here when ya need 'em..

I'd feel better giving my stuff to these guys than anyone else touching my stuff!!

Bill... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

GOT IT!!! One of the "seats" for the ribbon connectors was loose [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X