short rack cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short rack cables?

Hey there...I was curious if there exist any really high quality (Monster, etc.) cables that are 1 foot or less in length for connecting rack gear, especially gear that is mounted right above/below each other. The shortest I have is a 3 foot monster cable that leaves me with a ton of extra cable flapping around the back of my rack. What can I do?

Thanks a lot,
    Nick

Re: short rack cables?

I'd recommend George L cables for wiring a rack. You can choose your length, and they are easy to assemble.

pete

Comment

www.lavacable.com

Comment

excellent, thanks a lot.

Cheers,
        Nick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I'd recommend George L cables for wiring a rack. You can choose your length, and they are easy to assemble.

pete

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. I've been using them for 6 or 7 years now and they work great.

Comment

I've been looking for some Mogami ones as well!!
            I love admins!

Comment

I like the George L's in my rack and pedalboard, but for running across stage they suck. They get cut, the ends pull out, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                I like the George L's in my rack and pedalboard, but for running across stage they suck. They get cut, the ends pull out, etc...
                Agreed. I love George L's, but only use them between pedals and rack gear. I always use something different for guitar to first input.....and also to and from the loop.

Comment

Where can you buy the Georgr L ends (and not the side or 90 deg type). I want the the type that go straight in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps

pete
                    agree 100%

Comment

George L's are surprisingly durable, considering that (the ones I get) are DIY, where you cut it and just screw it into the jack. doesnt seem like it would be very smart but it works well with no noise. Ive had 4 short George L's for years , mostly using them for home recording stuff, and they've been fine.

I would prefer buying something a little more sturdy and dependable for a rack. I just bought some short monster cables, they were cheap as hell where I found them.

Comment

Working...
                      X