No announcement yet.

New ENGL amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing that worries me is it only runs EL34`s amd ENGL`s already have a mid hump to them. Maybe some 6CA7`s would help with the mids? I wish this amp had the EL34/6L6 switchable feature. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz
      I'm not going to hold my breath for this one.
      +1
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I heard that the selling price on the 150 watt model is $2600 or around there.

Comment

great, exactly what the guitar world needs. another overpriced, overpowered high gain amp with way too many features.
          i'm willing to bet my left ball that it sounds like crap

Comment

$2600 for that amp is ridiculous. It MAY sound fantastic, but that is stupid money for an amp. I think Amps are marked up way to much. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
              i'm willing to bet my left ball that it sounds like crap
              Don't make those bets, man. Looking at your avatar, it won't bring you any good

just kidding!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have yet to play any ENGL amplifiers, so I'm kinda interested. I don't know if I would pay the price unless I tried it, so I think I'm gonna wait and see. It also might help if I could find anywhere or anyone close with an ENGL to try

Comment

"I have yet to play any ENGL amplifiers, so I'm kinda interested. I don't know if I would pay the price unless I tried it, so I think I'm gonna wait and see. It also might help if I could find anywhere or anyone close with an ENGL to try"
                  i recommend: EBAY!
                  exactly what i did...bought a blackmore off ebay for 750 euro i think, used it for a few months, found out that i didn't like it, especially when put up against a good marshall - or even better, the 5150 i purchased since then -, and sold it @ the 'bay for almost 900 euro....

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                    "I have yet to play any ENGL amplifiers, so I'm kinda interested. I don't know if I would pay the price unless I tried it, so I think I'm gonna wait and see. It also might help if I could find anywhere or anyone close with an ENGL to try"
                    i recommend: EBAY!
                    exactly what i did...bought a blackmore off ebay for 750 euro i think, used it for a few months, found out that i didn't like it, especially when put up against a good marshall - or even better, the 5150 i purchased since then -, and sold it @ the 'bay for almost 900 euro....
                    Ah...ya know I just might do that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X