Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I NEED a Capacitor (470pf/250V) and I can't find it anywhere... help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED a Capacitor (470pf/250V) and I can't find it anywhere... help?

I lost a component for my Madamp G2 kit (and yeah, I WAS very careful as to NOT let it happen...not enough it seems) and I really need it to finish the amp... It's a 470pf capacitor, non polarized, with a tolerance of up to 250V. It goes into a single ended 2W tube amp that I'm building. If you know of any websites that'd sell one, I'd be grateful. I can ONLY pay by paypal though...

Did you try Mouser? www.mouser.com
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Well I just did... thanks... They have way too much choice I need to get more info about the capacitor I need but they're being slow over at musikding so I haven't gotten the info yet..

Comment

Good Luck Pott..

I was watching "Back to the Future" the other day, and Doc needed a flux capacitor for his Delorian..

"these things don't grow on trees ya know"..

You go Boyee!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You can go higher on the voltage, just don't go lower. Mouser should have a 470pf ceramic and also mica cap. Ceramics are grittier sounding, micas are smoother. Micas are more expensive, but either way you're going to spend more to ship than to buy the part! BTW, small caps like this can vary 20% or so either way, so if you find one that is between 450 to 500 or so you can still use it - it won't damage or affect your amp.

Pete

Comment

Thanks for the info! Someone on the SDF is kindly sending me one of each kind I think I was a bit too worried about getting exactly the same as was sent with the kit, I'm glad to know I have a bit more choice! Thanks

Horns666: at least I don't need plutonium, though according to Dr Brown it SHOULD be available in every stores

Comment

That's right bro..

I serve no real purpose here..

just a little "amusement"..very little!!!

Good luck man!!!

Bill
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X