Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Krank Users in here???

Hello all,
    I own a Jackson SL3 in red. Beautiful guitar. I just ordered a Krank Revolution 1 after owning 2 other amps trying to find "my tone". I tried so many different amps and came back to the Krank.

Currently I own a Fender Twin.

Dan

Welcome to the board Dan. Kranks haven't gotten very good reviews here. I've never tried one. I think we'd all be interested in your experience. When it comes in, certainly give us your thoughts and review.

Comment

"Kranks users" lol
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Not to frighten or persuade you from owning, but in my experience kranks are downright awful.. I've tried out a number of them and the preamp section is crap. I hope you have better luck than me because i couldnt imagine ever owning one of those. Please post soundclips when it arrives. And congrats on the purchase non the less.
        www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

going from a fender twin to a krank is quite a contrast...

Comment

Originally posted by mpigott
            Not to frighten or persuade you from owning, but in my experience kranks are downright awful.. I've tried out a number of them and the preamp section is crap. I hope you have better luck than me because i couldnt imagine ever owning one of those. Please post soundclips when it arrives. And congrats on the purchase non the less.
            I have played the Revolution 1 and the Krankenstien and didn't find what you found. Actually I like the way it sounds and the built quality is excellent. These amps are all hand wired and built here in the USA.

The clean channel is very good and coming from a 3 time Fender owner I think says alot. The Revolution 1 is awesome.

As far as the bad reviews around here with Krank, what was on the bad side? I'd like to read some of these reviews.

I would however like to know what you play? What Jackson do you own?

Thanks for the replies guys,

Dan

Comment

i had a positive experience with the Dimebag model. I played it through the matching cab that had Texas Heat Eminence speakers, and the guitar was a Kevin Bond rhoads, and the sound absolutely crushed!

Comment

Originally posted by mantis
                Hello all,
                I own a Jackson SL3 in red. Beautiful guitar. I just ordered a Krank Revolution 1 after owning 2 other amps trying to find "my tone". I tried so many different amps and came back to the Krank.

Currently I own a Fender Twin.

Dan
                Did you find that the krank had a lot of gain? i played on a dimebag krankestein and it didnt seem to have as much gain as i would have expected...maybe it was the particular amp... its the only krank ive ever played on. when i say a lot of gain i guess i would be comparing it to a triple rec...not in terms of sound, but just sheer gain...p.s. i think everyone would love to hear some sound samples once you get it IF possible...

Comment

The Krank Krankenstien has plenty of gain. The trick with that amp is to run the master volume up to about 6 then bring in your preamp volume to taste. The gain setting should be about 6 or 7. Then Eq it the way you like it. This is what I did when I played it(with alittle advice from Krank). It crushed guys. It has all the gain for thrash metal you could ever want or need but

I perfer the Revloution 1.It has a more refined sounding drive channel. I n my demo of it, I used a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb to compare drive and clean channels. The mesa clean I didn't like. It was raspy sounding. It never was truely clean. No matter how I set it up, it would not clear up. It always had tube break up. The gain channel however has awesome. It played hard and true. But one thing I noticed about it is it was more on the fuzzy side. It had crunch but fuzz mixed in like vintage Rock tone. It was there and I tried to get rid of it by lowering the gain and raising it up to a point where it was as clean as it was going to get. Overall I'm not into Mesa Boogie. As much as I would love to be, coming from Fender , there amps, all the ones I played, didn't have a good enough clean channel. There drive channels with alittle work, I could get the tone I like.

The revolution 1 had clean channel like my Fender without reverb. Funny 2 as I was playing some stuff I wrote, I never looked for the reverb. The clean channel is very clean. I was shocked at this being a high gain amp. It played very well soft picking to a played hard. It never showed tube break up. Itr rang clear and true. The Drive channel man let me tell you, After about 3 minutes I had to stop, I had such a smile on my face. The gain was in my opnin perfect. It had crunch and drive without the fuzz. It was clear and clean. You can hear everything you pick clearly. I was a bit shocked about this. Harmonic's jumped out and bit you in the face when I pulled them off. Whats really cool about the drive channel is the 2 volume controls and Voicing ability. The lead boost is killer. It ripps off your tone just with a bit more volume(you set that yourself) and the Voicing VIA Sweep allowed me to voice the drive channel exactly how I like it.

After a few switch back and forths, I had no more desire to play the Mesa Boogie. I also tried out the Dual and Tripple Recto. There clean channels where much like the Rectoverb's. I thought after 2 hours of warm up on all these amps, they all should sound there best. I felt the Krank was the best overall amp I had ever played.

Before this battle and quest, I started this all due to my Vox Ad120VTX breaking down only after 2 months of owning it. I returned it and wnet back to Fender. The salesman let me try out the Krank Distortus Maximus pedal and that set everything in motion.

I will leave a full review after she gets here.

Dan

Comment

im definately going to have to try out some krank stuff again in the future...it sounds like you definately got the amp you wanted, which is a sweet feeling after playing on stuff you want more from...

Comment

Maybe I'm overly skeptical, but after the HC review thing and other things in this thread.......uh, something just smells funny here.

Comment

I agree...

The internet is a great tool to find out information about gear, but it is tough sometimes to figure out which reviews are from "real" players and which ones are from marketing types...

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                          Maybe I'm overly skeptical, but after the HC review thing and other things in this thread.......uh, something just smells funny here.
                          Can't a guy just like what he found? Sorry but I thought this forum was for REAL players. I don't know what the HC thing is.

Like I said, I'm a Fender guy who want more. The drive channel on my Twin doesn't do it for me. I had to add a Distortion pedal to it and that takes away flexibility in my eyes. I don't even use that channel anymore so I basically have a 1 channel amp now.The Krank gave me the drive channel I wanted, Also kept the clean channel clean, and again I'm a Fender guy so I'm very cridical about clean channels. If the Kranks clean channel wasn't up to my standards, I would have moved on to something else. My goals would have led me to the Peavy 5150 or try out another Mesa Boogie in the Lone Star. I heard it has a pretty good clean channel and retaining the high gain on the gain channel.
                          I didn't even pay Krank any mind until I played there Distortion pedal. I saw there adds in the Mags and I thought they looked like some Gimmick amp company. When I bought my Fender, Sam Ash had a Krank Krankenstien and I didn't even turn it on.Not until I got home with the Krank Distortus maximus pedal(also after returning a Tonebone British Heat, and thats another story)

If you think I'm from Krank or some kind of Marketing company, well your wrong. I'm just your tipical Philly guy who loves metal who also just got back into playing guitar 3 months ago(I took off for over 10 years). Who also just bought my first jackson Sl3 and love it.I owned a Charvel Model 3 back in my High school days in the 80's.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I'm just trying to learn about todays new technology with these modeling amps and pedal boards. All these new amp companies and how to buy my effects.This will be my 3rd amp in 3 months due to the fact that my Vox Ad120vtx broke down(brand new), and I'm unhappy with the drive channel in my Fender, if the Fenders drive channel was more modern Heavy metal tone instead of vintage classic rock tone, I would keep it. In my opnion there isn't another amp company that does clean better then Fender. No one in my opnion that I have heard including the Krank. The kranks clean is very good and fender like with out reverb.

Dan
                          From Phily , Pa non Krank or Marketing Employee, Home theater Installer
                          Guitar player

Comment

rock on dude

Comment

Originally posted by craprapx2001
                              rock on dude
                              Thanks Bro

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X