No announcement yet.

Any Krank Users in here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, your being much too defensive man..calm down!

"So Bill tell me how you really feel about Kranks amps"

I thought I did..

The Krankenstein IS one of the worst sounding amps I have tried in my life..that's just honesty, not "hatred"!

Look at the post before I actually tried a Krank..We had a pleasant exchange..yes??

I couldn't waite to try a Krank..so I did..I spent much time with that amp to ensure it wasn't ME fucking up. So I asked my credible amp dude at CG for any assist..he simply stated.."That's it bro, that amp is a major piece of shit"..I was taken by surprise..and said "Are you kidding me???"..I wasn't really expecting that at all.

I can't convey enough how badly that amp sounded..it was extremely thin, very fizzy and it squealed like nuts at a very low volume..I rid the squeal by rolling the gain back..but the tone was even more worthless to me at that point..

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just being 100% honest...in fact, I can't think of one redeeming quality about that amp..umm..it's looks pretty cool!

For MY tase in tone there is only a handful of guys here I found credible..they know who they are!!

If you like your Krank, that's cool man, but since I definitely don't.. how could "credibillity" be established..OK, lets use a different word..ummm wer'e not "like-minded" in tone..I like Eric Johnson's , Vinnie Moore's , Yngwie's, and ect tone when they play it..but I wouldn't want it.

If I praised the Krank ..you'd be all smiles..but sometimes that's not the case man.."cool" or not..that's just life!

Anyone can slam a Bogner ALL they want..I don't care!

Dude, there is a handful of "respected" metal/amp dudes on this forum..and I'm one of them.

I get umpteen PMs requesting advice on amps, tone.. because I know what I like and know how to get it..and I'm BLATANTLY honest which will always piss somebody off..I say what I say ..that's it!

MANY here know I don't intend any malice, hatred or disrespect when it comes to my opinions..just my style of honesty.

Pete was ALL smiles when I praised the JSX..he's been praising them for quite some time. If I happened to NOT like the JSX, I think Pete is confident enough not to be "offended" with my opinion..

I discovered people who get pissed off over such opinions are those who lack self-confidence..therefore making their own doubts and insecurities surface..that's when the drama begins.

I find the need to debate unfounded..especially until "blue in the face"..what's the purpose ..you have your convictions, and I'm certainly not going to change my mine.

Far as I'm concerened..I stated my opinion in good conscience. Please don't waste anymore valuable time or energy..you're not going to "sell" me a Krank..that's just peeing on a wet rope.

A attack on your favorite music, amp, band, religion , politics or you favorite ice cream is not a personal attack on you..right, I wised more people got that!

You seem cool..let's just agree to disagree on the Krank issue..I'm good, no grudges on my end..that would be gay!!

Bill Z
    Last edited by horns666; 12-26-2006, 07:43 PM. Reason: Typos..I fucked up!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Actually I was trying to be funny with my comment. No offence here man. I know good tone from ass tone so I don't have any Issues with that Bro. I like what I like, you like what you like and it's a done deal.
      I didn't care for the Krankenstien as much as for the rev 1, thats why I own that Instead. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. Actually I could care less what anyone else owns. Unless I hear good tone from someone then I would like to know how they achieved it.

Thanks for the comments,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
        Actually I was trying to be funny with my comment. No offence here man. I know good tone from ass tone so I don't have any Issues with that Bro. I like what I like, you like what you like and it's a done deal.
        I didn't care for the Krankenstien as much as for the rev 1, thats why I own that Instead. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. Actually I could care less what anyone else owns. Unless I hear good tone from someone then I would like to know how they achieved it.

Thanks for the comments,

Dan
        Yes, Exactly..you know what, as long as you kick ass with your gear ..hell, that's all that really matters to me anywhoo..

I heard players that kicked my balls off with amps I personally don't like ..so there ya go..

Dan, good talkin' with ya,

Bill Z

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I admit I used it occasionaly back in the 80's. The people who are realy in to it are REAL freaky, paranoid type of people...

-oh-

Amps....never played one but ceraintly seen plenty of pictures and endorsements but never actully saw one being used in person...hmm. I think they have a bad rep that they are digging themselves outta the hole they dug for themselves. The whole fake reviews on HC for them being the new best thing since sliced bread. I do know a few who like Krank amps but I'd say its about 85% + say otherwise and yeah...thats folks who actually played them.

To me I really don't care much about all the bullshit associated with them as long as they deliver the goods up to the tone gods and I wouldnt think twice about buying one if they did deliver...
          Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 12-27-2006, 09:23 AM.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            I admit I used it occasionaly back in the 80's. The people who are realy in to it are REAL freaky, paranoid type of people...

-oh-

Amps....never played one but ceraintly seen plenty of pictures and endorsements but never actully saw one being used in person...hmm. I think they have a bad rep that they are digging themselves outta the hole they dug for themselves. The whole fake reviews on HC for them being the new best thing since sliced bread. I do know a few who like Krank amps but I'd say its about 85% + say otherwise and yeah...thats folks who actually played them.

To me I really don't care much about all the bullshit associated with them as long as they deliver the goods up to the tone gods and I wouldnt think twice about buying one if they did deliver...
            Thats what it all comes down to. I have read so many comments from people who never even played on but hated on them. I can understand I wouldn't be cool with a company that lies. But I like the amp so I'm cool with it. But I'm always looking for my next one. I'm not married to it or any gear for that matter.... Well maybe Jackson guitars as I love the necks and how they play. Right now actually I'm hating on my Sl3 as it's very dark compared to my last SL3. I may get rid of it for something else like a Sl1 or Sl2. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Yes, Exactly..you know what, as long as you kick ass with your gear ..hell, that's all that really matters to me anywhoo..

I heard players that kicked my balls off with amps I personally don't like ..so there ya go..

Dan, good talkin' with ya,

Bill Z
              Cool Bro. We may have got off on a somewhat bad note but we pulled it off at the end of the song..LOL

Good talking with yeah as well man

Dan

Comment

hey horns- not trying to start a fight or anything here but im just curious as to what makes you the amp expert?
                My Guitars
                Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
                Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
                Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
                Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
                Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
                Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
                Kramer Vanguard S-440S
                Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
                Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
                Kramer F-1000 (Black)
                Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
                  hey horns- not trying to start a fight or anything here but im just curious as to what makes you the amp expert?
                  I can answer that for Bill.
                  The reason that Bill (Horns666) is an amp expert is because he reads many of my posts. I am the resident amp expert around here.

Seriously... Bill has GREAT tone, he plays that baddest amp on the planet and he is an all around good guy. Some of his posted clips are the best recorded tones I have ever heard. He also drives a Cobra (and its not a Mustang).
                  There are players here who have owned or tried everything. Me included. We even have builders here. We all learn from each other. Bill.. is usually dead on when reviewing an amp.
                  There are the reasons.

Comment

I wouldn't call Bill the amp "expert" (maybe Pete is), but Bill is like JG or me and is seriously picky about decent amp tone (I'll forgive JG's Line 6 Issue on this one, we can't all be perfect).

Bill is pretty seasoned and has spent easily tens of thousands on amps and owned a ton of pretty amazing high end amps (as have I) and we've played metal for some 25 years. Some of us have a bit of a grip on all this. If we can find it, we'll play it. If it highly recommended and we can get it, we may even just buy it to check it out (my CAE3+se is a testament to that).

I might not totally take his opinion as gospel, but I'll imagine it either is dead on, or reasonably close for my needs. We do seek the same things in tone, so I can say that I'd accept him as credible.

I can however reason, that some amps can take an ungodly amount of tweaking to get what we might want (CAE3+se is an example), and maybe the Krank needs that. But, I sorta doubt it... But maybe. Nonetheless, if that is the case, the average bear isn't gonna do that and it's still less than desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                      I wouldn't call Bill the amp "expert" (maybe Pete is), but Bill is like JG or me and is seriously picky about decent amp tone (I'll forgive JG's Line 6 Issue on this one, we can't all be perfect).

Bill is pretty seasoned and has spent easily tens of thousands on amps and owned a ton of pretty amazing high end amps (as have I) and we've played metal for some 25 years. Some of us have a bit of a grip on all this. If we can find it, we'll play it. If it highly recommended and we can get it, we may even just buy it to check it out (my CAE3+se is a testament to that).

I might not totally take his opinion as gospel, but I'll imagine it either is dead on, or reasonably close for my needs. We do seek the same things in tone, so I can say that I'd accept him as credible.

I can however reason, that some amps can take an ungodly amount of tweaking to get what we might want (CAE3+se is an example), and maybe the Krank needs that. But, I sorta doubt it... But maybe. Nonetheless, if that is the case, the average bear isn't gonna do that and it's still less than desirable.

Yea, Pete ain't too shabby. I still think the best tone he ever had was during his Vetta days. I'm still not sold on that JSX even though he loves it. To my ears.. nothing beats a Vetta. If I played large arena's as a pro with a full crew of roadies and guitar and amp techs I probably would be using tube amps though. Most likely... SLO100's and Mesa Mark IV's for the cleans with Marshall cabs along with a kick ass Bradshaw switching system and a few racks full of effects. I wouldn't want anything on the stage floor. My engineers can do all the switching for me. I wouldn't even want to control my own wah pedal.
                      The reason I use Vetta's is because they offer most of my wish list.

Comment

Well, I was speaking more of inner workings of the amp actually. RE: "amp expert" as opposed to tone expert (like me) hehe...

Vetta.... sigh... Well, since this is a krank bashing thread, I'll leave the Vetta alone

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          I wouldn't even want to control my own wah pedal.
                          That's just lazy. Even Kirk Hammett controls all of his 20 on-stage wah pedals by himself. :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            That's just lazy. Even Kirk Hammett controls all of his 20 on-stage wah pedals by himself. :ROTF:
                            Yea, maybe your right. I guess I could step on an auto-wah!!

Comment

I'm certainly no "expert", and never claimed to be....but I'm in good company amoung JCF's "CREDIBILE" amp/tone dudes..due to many years of obsession for awesome tone..

Some of these guys have responded here in my defense, and I'd do the same. There's a established amp "click" here... with opinions with merit..I can always count on.

No, I don't know the nomenclature of a amp such as Pete who builds them, but I KNOW great tone and know what I require to get it!!

Hint..whenever we say a certain amp sounds "good"..it truly doesn't suck!!

The JCF amp/tone "click"..IMO!!!

Pete
                              Cleveland John
                              John G
                              Shawn
                              Nick
                              Siggy
                              Me..'Z Bub

*also some JCF members who are great players, and in great bands..but I'm much too high to remember them..

We've owned, played, discovered, kept and sold what most guys are still chasing..I certainly have..

Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                I heard Metallica is recording with Krank amps. Go figure. THey have been using Mesa Boogie and Marhalls for years. I wonder why they switched? Or even if it's true.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X