Any Krank Users in here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mantis View Post
    I heard Metallica is recording with Krank amps. I wonder why they switched?
    Dan

Umm... the last release didn't suck quite bad enough?

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
      I heard Metallica is recording with Krank amps. Go figure. THey have been using Mesa Boogie and Marshalls for years. I wonder why they switched? Or even if it's true.

Dan
      They also used Diezels on the last album. Even that apparently didn't help. I'd guess the Krank will make them suck even more, if that's what they're going for. LOL
      I hear this time they've got Rick Rubin producing, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        Umm... the last release didn't suck quite bad enough?
        Right in the beans!!

Kranks...they better get Andy Sneap on this one..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Even the mighty Sneap can't save Metallica now, regardless of what amps they plug into.
          Scott

Comment

I dont care what AMP they use Metallica has no chemistry . Lars and James dont get along at all. If a band needs a Shrink to get thru a recording then maybe they should call it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              Even the mighty Sneap can't save Metallica now, regardless of what amps they plug into.

I agree

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                I dont care what AMP they use Metallica has no chemistry . Lars and James dont get along at all. If a band needs a Shrink to get thru a recording then maybe they should call it quits.
                I gave up on Metallica when then gave up themselves..they mean absolutely NOTHING to me now..I don't dwell on the shit I hate..I move forward!!!

Metallica is ancient history..I'm all about what's good NOW!!

Comment

Ehh... If I was them, I'd put out a product as long as dumbasses would buy it...

Money is money is money I always say... They made their mark on metal, and now it's time to make some dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                    Ehh... If I was them, I'd put out a product as long as dumbasses would buy it...

Money is money is money I always say... They made their mark on metal, and now it's time to make some dough.
                    Oh they'll make plenty of dough..this will be promoted to death on MTV, VH-1 everywhere...the kids will lap it up like yogurt..

maybe not..

Comment

Better Metallica get it than Britney Spears!

I remember seeing Metallica at the old Variety theatre here (I think they were with Motorhead there) and we didn't pay attention to them, or even knew who they were.

They were touring in a van, and after the show, sitting on a side street by the venue trying to get money together to buy food at McDonalds at the McDs of on 117th street.

I hate their stupid asses now, but I figure they paid their dues I spose.

Comment

McDonalds..I paid my dues there too..

Britney paid her dues too..just imagine how many dicks she had to suck..

countless!!

Comment

when i saw arch enemy at a festival during the summer i couldn't help notice the fact they were using 5150's for the gig instead of kranks that they were endorsing

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
                            when i saw arch enemy at a festival during the summer i couldn't help notice the fact they were using 5150's for the gig instead of kranks that they were endorsing
                            There are a ton of bands that use 5150's live. They are almost as popular as the Rectifers for live use, especially with the regional acts that haven't hit the bigtime yet.

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
                              Their tone was built on 5150s..

Not the first time an artist didn't play what they endorse..

Comment

Krank amps seem to have a reputation that is only slightly better than that ill fated Rhino Amp that Yngwie was endorsing for a few nanoseconds. They may be cool for some players but there are just too many crappy reviews on them to start taking them seriously.
                                I would stay away. Usually.. when 90% of the reviews on an amp are bad... ITS A BAD AMP.

Comment

Working...
                                X