Rocktron Prophesy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Prophesy

I'd like to get some reviews of this preamp. Is it more of an effects unit or is it really a great preamp as well ?

on what amps is it based on ? More marshall like or Mesa like ? What power amp works best in your opinion with that preamp ?

I'd probably use a Randall RT2-50 with a mix of 6550 and 5881 or KT66 and KT 88 if possible

They're a good preamp, with some really good FX. IMHO, it's more Marshall based or Mk Series Mesa based than Recto.

I've had two, and I used one with a Mesa 2:50, then a Marshall EL34 100/100, then the second time, I used the same setup with the Marshall.

I don't know anything about that Randall, but I'd use the KT-66's and/or KT88's if I were you.

Comment

Does anyone know what the reliabilty is like on the prophesy?
      I'm getting one right now and am using it for my live rig.
      I will be using it with a VHT2150.

I have played one a few times and I like it. it kicked some serious ass with my USA washburn Dime 3's. I will be using it in an extreme metal band, so it suits me fine!

anyhow, if anyone has an reccomendations for settings? and or websites with patches let me know!

Chris

Comment

I've never heard of anyone that had any reliablity problems with the Prophesy, I think they're really well built.

Comment

didn't dave mustaine use a prophesy in his live rack?

Comment

Mustaine still uses the prohesy, he recently bought 4 more off rocktron.

I've had my Prophesy for about 2 months now and its blinding, superb build quality, superb sound quality, excellent feature set.

I'm using mine with the Rocktron Midi Mate, which again is superbly built and the 7-pin midi cable with phantom power is fantastic, I only have that 1 lead out on stage now instead of like 3 different ones on my old rig.

Side Note: BE PREPARED TO READ THE MANUAL THOROUGHLY!!! This thing has more settings than a 747 cockpit.

That said, once you start playing with it the number of parameter pages does become comfortable and well thought out.
            My music:
            www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X