POD into PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD into PC?

I'm probably gonna be getting the POD 2.0 because I'd like to record stuff into the computer. After trying it out onto an amp, I was very satisfied with what that little thing could do. So I was wondering, there is a way for it to connect to teh compuer via a USB or something right? Because I was asking the guy at guitar center, and he really wasn't sure so.

If you've got a sound card with an input you can pipe the output of the pod into your computer and record etc. You will most likely need a 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter. The pod ( at least my old v1. model) has two 1/4" outputs . I just run one output into my computer.

Comment

Alright, I guess to truly make this happen, I should probably get an interface? Recommend me some decent ones that will get the job done, for under $100......if there are any.

Comment

I'm doing the samething. What I did was bought a behringer 12 channel mixer for $80.00, and a emu sound card for a $100. You could get by with just the soundcard but if you have a drum machine or want to run the pod stereo the mixer is very nice to have. You also have the inputs for a mic.

Comment

Yeah, it's not working with the soundcard itself, so I'm gonna need to buy something to feed the pod to, then connect to the computer. Like I said, I really can't spend more than $100

EDIT: Oh also, you know how you can use your headphones w/ the pod, is it harmful if you plug in regular PC speakers into the headphone input intead of headphones?
          Last edited by Orchid; 04-04-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

It should work right into the soundcard. Make sure the POD is set to 'direct', and that you're plugging into the Line-in of your soundcard, not Mic-in. I just run mine into a chap-assed Behringer mixer and run the mixer into the Line-in on my card. That way I get a tiny bit more tone shaping and I can use my Boss SE-50 for added fx thru the mixer.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Orchid
              Yeah, it's not working with the soundcard itself, so I'm gonna need to buy something to feed the pod to, then connect to the computer. Like I said, I really can't spend more than $100

EDIT: Oh also, you know how you can use your headphones w/ the pod, is it harmful if you plug in regular PC speakers into the headphone input intead of headphones?
              I could be wrong but as I understand it the headphone output is not a line level signal and the PC speakers input is line level. It may not be harmful but the pod headphone out will probably overdrive the pc speaker input.

Comment

this is what I do.I only play my pod 2.0 through my pc,I just plug it into the direct in or line in,make sure the line in isn't muted,that's it!

oh yeah,I bought a monster cable from Sam Ash with two 1/4 leading into one 1/8,works like a champ,

Comment

Okay, so I just got M-Audio's cheapest interface. Yeah, it's definately better, tonewise and vol. level wise.

Comment

cool,glad it worked out!

Comment

Working...
                    X