Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahahaha

Comment

Anyone who thinks these amps sound bad does not know what they are talking about period.

Cobras are killer friggen amps. They will kick the shit out of most amps out there with the exception of Diezel.

These are boutique amps people - you need to play with them to dial in the correct sounds. You don't just walk into a store and try one for 20 minutes to get an opinion.

The key to the magic sound these things can produce is in getting them rebiased hotter - 35K or so I think it is. The sound fantastic and cut through the mix. The gain is everything you could want and the clean channel is sparkling.

The comment about sounding dry - they don't come with reverb!

You don't need an attenuator on these things to get tons of gain at low volume either - but the use of an attenuator of course will improve the sound at low volumes but it will also burn out tubes faster. But you can get tremendous gain on these at low volumes without one.

These things are built with a ton of EQ options, 2 Master Volumes and you can pre-program the sounds and use a midi pedal. You can switch the ohms 4/8/16. Has a Deep Switch on top of all of the EQ options. Additionally has a switch to adjust the amount of wet/dry in the fx loop.

Try to find a used head. I got mine for $1100 which was a steal. I will never need another amp.

There are other guys on this forum who have these and they have all positive reviews. Check harmony-central reviews. Cobras are fantastic amps. That is if you don't mind all of that cheap German hand wiring.
      Last edited by shredmonster; 04-05-2006, 02:12 PM.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

+1 Shredmonster. I've been able to dial in great usable sounds in mine in minutes. It's not finicky like a Boogie. And you don't need to crank it.

Comment

+2...I have played the cobra several times and think it is one badass amp when paired with the matching cab.the cleans are awsome and gain can be set brutal as hell yet still clear and articulate or can be tamed down it is very versitile.If I still had the cash to throw around I would have one to go with my Powerball.this head can't be compared to a 5150 it shits on the 5150.I have also read that re-biasing it at about 35 or 36 really brings out the tone of the amp.I think it sounds great stock I can only imagine after the re-bias
          www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Working...
          X