Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vht 2150

Hey guys

I just got one of these for 800$ appears to be one from 1989.

anyhow, I'm not sure I'm getting all the volume out of this thing,
    where do you guys have your volume controls set? I have mine about 10 oclock and it's a low anemic volume.

I didn't have the chance to crank it though.

but the seller I just got it from said he just replaced the tubes, but only the kt88's, maybe it needs to be rebiased? maybe it's fucked?

Chris

What are you using it with?
    Give me the complete set up.

Comment

Yeah sorry, I suppose I should list what I'm doing with it.

Well last night when I couldn't crank it, I was using it with the slave out of a peavy triple X into my buddies crazy rack rig and his tube works power amp was working just fine.

but I took it home and tried it with a triaxis and it works nice and loud now.

I plan on using it with either an ENGL E570 preamp and a rocktron prophesy or just the prophesy.

what is the optimum setup with the 2150

thanks in advance!

chris

Comment

Something is wrong with it.

I have a 2150 and at 9:00 it is already loud / gigging volume.

Comment

Well like I said I was using it with a triaxis and I had it on 2 and had the triaxis master on 5 and it was blowing my face off!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect
            Yeah sorry, I suppose I should list what I'm doing with it.

Well last night when I couldn't crank it, I was using it with the slave out of a peavy triple X into my buddies crazy rack rig and his tube works power amp was working just fine.

but I took it home and tried it with a triaxis and it works nice and loud now.

I plan on using it with either an ENGL E570 preamp and a rocktron prophesy or just the prophesy.

what is the optimum setup with the 2150

thanks in advance!

chris
            I'm using the VHT 2150 with a CAE(Bradshaw) 3+ Preamp and Bogner Fish Preamp that are switched and accessed with a Bradshaw RSB-18 switching system.I'm very happy with this rig and have used it for severa years now.But you'll appreciate the VHT 2150 thru any decent tube preamp-it's just a matter of what tastes and tones your ears tell you are best-as well a swhat types of music you are playing.
            Great score on a Great poweramp and lotsa luck having fun trying all the preamps thru it that you'll be auditioning to achieve your tone.

Comment

Mr. DoubleNeck

Can you please post pics of your gear?

I'd be interested to know what your stage volumes are set at on either preamps and the VHT.

I'm just still trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my amp.

It perhaps needs to be biased a little hotter.
              and it needs a new power switch as it is popping and the green LED is out.

what KT88's do you run in yours? and what 12ax7's do you run?

I am in a death metal band and that is essentially what I'm going for.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Doubleneck King V
                I'm using the VHT 2150 with a CAE(Bradshaw) 3+ Preamp and Bogner Fish Preamp that are switched and accessed with a Bradshaw RSB-18 switching system.I'm very happy with this rig and have used it for severa years now.But you'll appreciate the VHT 2150 thru any decent tube preamp-it's just a matter of what tastes and tones your ears tell you are best-as well a swhat types of music you are playing.
                Great score on a Great poweramp and lotsa luck having fun trying all the preamps thru it that you'll be auditioning to achieve your tone.
                I'd love to see some pics as well.

Comment

Guys, Doubleneck King V is the fuckwad known as Vince Pantyqueer, I mean Sansevere. He was banned a few hours ago. He posted in the Jackson USA forum.

Comment

Vince is back??? No way!

hahahaha i'd still like to see pics of his gear again, I mean mustians gear? he was his roadie right??

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy
                      Guys, Doubleneck King V is the fuckwad known as Vince Pantyqueer, I mean Sansevere. He was banned a few hours ago. He posted in the Jackson USA forum.
                      So I guess this means no pics...

I had him pegged since he joined. He was too obvious with his posts. I guess he'll have to pedal his wares elsewhere now. BTW The proper term is fucktard.

Comment

This is the only one of him I have:

Comment

Working...
                        X