JMP-1 Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMP-1 Users

The other guitarist in the band i'm in has one of these and we're looking for the ideal setup with regards to a few settings.

his rig JMP-1 ---> TC Electronics G-Major (via the JMP-1 FX loop 'i think') ---> Marshall EL34 100/100.

whats the best/most appropriate setting for hte JMP-1's MASTER and EFFECTS outputs level switch? +4dB or -10dB

on some of his patches he's getting horrendous feedback even while muting the strings to get no noise from the guitar.

I also think his wireless system is set a little too hot which could be contributing to that as well.

any help gratefully received
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Originally posted by Guyver1
    The other guitarist in the band i'm in has one of these and we're looking for the ideal setup with regards to a few settings.

his rig JMP-1 ---> TC Electronics G-Major (via the JMP-1 FX loop 'i think') ---> Marshall EL34 100/100.

whats the best/most appropriate setting for hte JMP-1's MASTER and EFFECTS outputs level switch? +4dB or -10dB

on some of his patches he's getting horrendous feedback even while muting the strings to get no noise from the guitar.

I also think his wireless system is set a little too hot which could be contributing to that as well.

any help gratefully received
    I believe -10dB is correct.
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

"on some of his patches he's getting horrendous feedback even while muting the strings to get no noise from the guitar."

mh....too much gain? i found that for a thrash metal rhythm tone (at high volumes) you don't need to set the gain higher than 11/20 on the OD1 channel. when using the OD2 mode you gotta set the gain real low or it will sound like crap. this thing has way too much gain imho

Comment

Working...
      X