Pulling dual recto tubes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling dual recto tubes ...

obviously it will have less headroom for cleans, but as far as my high gain channel goes...will it change the character of the amp?

I kinda want to do it to bring down the wattage in case it's too loud for my bedroom (my 5150 was great for both live and bedroom usage)

thanks dudes

Not in my experience .

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3
      Not in my experience .
      so you've done it and had no changes in tone?

also, was the tone better at lower volume?

mine is coming in the mail tomorrow

Comment

pulling two tubes in that amp at bedroom volumes won't make much of a tonal difference. I'm building an 18 watt amp for a guy (almost done too!) and it's much lower wattage than 50... and it's still good and loud.

The only way you'd notice any differences on that amp is to pull two tubes, run it in spongy mode (38 watts or so) and even then, you'd have to be playing at band rehearsal volumes to really notice the difference.

Pete

Comment

Gio,

How are you do like the Dual Rectifier compared to the 5150. I just upgraded from the 5150 to a Triple Rectifier in lat Feb. and I just barely found the tone that I was looking for. I am really diggin it now.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by krimson
            Gio,

How are you do like the Dual Rectifier compared to the 5150. I just upgraded from the 5150 to a Triple Rectifier in lat Feb. and I just barely found the tone that I was looking for. I am really diggin it now.
            my amp is scheduled to arrive today

I will let you know as soon as it arrives and I get a chance to really test it out

Comment

It won't make a difference for bedroom levels. Get a hotplate.

Comment

Yeah, it really doesn't make a tonal difference at all, and the difference between volumes is close to none. It's only reducing the overall volume by 3db.

I'd snag a Hotplate or Weber MASS.

Krimson, I upgraded from a 5150 to my Single Rectifier back in late January, and was happy with it, but just found 'my' tone out of it last week. My little secret: presence at 0, treble up a couple notches from where you had it before. That, and bold/diode settings and an OD infront.

Comment

Working...
                X