Peavey VTM120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey VTM120

Yo Guys, Anyone ever play through one of these beasts?!!!???! I had the chance to play one tonight through a single 12" cab and I was completely impressed!! With the different dip switch settings I was able to get old Marshall tones to modern rock and metal. I'd love to hear it through a 4X12. It had a great semi low volume tone, but man does this thing get loud. I don't know about the reliability, but anyone looking for a versatile rig should check one of these out.

-Jason

I have a VTM60, I'm currently modding it. Great amps for the bucks, I don't think mine was over $200 and I bought it a few months ago.

Pete

Comment

That's cool Pete. A 60 might be a little more controllable, but the 120 did do a great lower level sound. What kind of mods are you doing? Just found a quote from Steve Morse stating he used those a good bit before the 5150's. He said they sounded like a good jcm800.

-Jason

Comment

Michael Fath (80s shredder) used em too, also Kim Thayil from Soundgarden. Just mods to make it more modern sounding... still goofing around with it. been on hold since I started building an 18 watt for zeegler.

Pete

Comment

I bought a brand new VTM60 back in 88? 89? Even back then they were a great deal. That amp was with me for most of the 90s. Great tone. I was thinking of picking up another.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I bought a VTM-60 from a fellow JCFer a few months ago. I have been running it with minimal gain as I use a distortion pedal, and for whatever reason had to crank the mids and bass while backing way off the treble when using a pedal through the "clean" VTM. However, ditching the pedals and using the amp's distortion, I can even out the EQ and get some seriously brutal tones! I'll probably use it in the studio for rhythm tracks and use my regular setup for leads.
            sigpic

Comment

Got a 60. Kicks total ass. $175 and ended my amp GAS.

Comment

Working...
              X