X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat to hell Marshall 412

I bought this last night. Thought I would share

Any body know who "JACKYL" is or "JESSE JAMES DUPREE"

I guess it going to cost some $600 to restore to new. It works and sound good.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:59eyxd0bjolg~T1

Dupree was the singer; it looks like the other members signed that cab as well

those were the guys who were known for using power tools in their live shows, right?

Comment

Yeah, Jackyl had that one (and I mean ONLY 1) "hit" where they had a chainsaw in it. It looks like they might have used it on that cab! What speakers is it loaded with?..I can't tell with the blank magnets.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

They only had one hit, but they have put out several good albums.I have seen them twice and both times they put on a great show and done a meet and great afterwards.

Comment

I'm not sure what speakers they are. I suppose someone removed the stickers from them.
          All four are marked with "CP16X" and "T1221". I was told that the CP16 was a production date code for celestion and translated to March 16 1980, but the "X" was throwing them off and they had no idea what that was.
          The "T1221" he thought was something for Marshall.

I have heard of Jackyl before and I remember the song with the chainsaw in it, that seems like a long time ago.
          I took the cab over to Charveljunkie's house for him to check out and he said he thought it may be one of his old cabs from back in the days whe he played with Mean Street and Ouija. It seems he sold off a bunch of his gear in the eary 90's and that Jackyl wound up with some of it.

Comment

Good lord, does that cab have mojo.

Comment

SUPER Mojo!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's a cool cab. It's not a "P" There is no "P" in that spot on a Celestion, I think it's an "F" (Month/Year/Day from 1968-1991) Which means the speakers were stamped on March 16, 1973. Even if it is a P, and it can't be, it would still be a 1981, and Marshall had stopped using Greenbacks before that. The Grill cloth is most likely original, but painted black, and you can see it was a Large Checkerboard grill cloth. Also, Marshall stopped using the piping over the top, Large Check Grill cloth (They went to small check Grill cloth) and the smooth Tolex like yours has, by 1976.

T1221 Is the code for G12M-25, which is a "Greenback" and it would be a rola greenback by that year, and it's got grey connector tabs.

Jackyl had a few songs that got some exposure. Lumberjack, When will it Rain, and Down on Me are a few I can think of. The singer in my band is at a Jackyl concert, or on his way home from it right now!
                Last edited by adrenaline junkie; 04-09-2006, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Also, the Marshall logo, is a Medium sized logo, not the big one like they use now. This is a pic of a '77 Marshall on the left, and a 74 on the right. Notice the Large vs Medium Logo, along with the tolex, Cloth, and piping differences. Marshall didn't make a cab that looks like yours, from 1975, until the current Reissues cabs came out.

Comment

Somebody knows his Marshalls!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      SUPER Mojo!
                      I feel bad now, cause my 72 Marshall 4x12 is almost mint.

*Goes and starts fire in bedroom to mojo-ize gear*

Comment

If you are going to have it recoverd send it off to Splawn amplification. I have had 2 heads done by him and they do great work. My friend just had his cab done in purple and it came out real nice.

Comment

That thing sounded pretty damn good with the Orange at the store, even with only three speakers connected. You get the fourth hooked up?

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic
                            That thing sounded pretty damn good with the Orange at the store, even with only three speakers connected. You get the fourth hooked up?
                            Yep, It works.

Comment

Is Jackyl based in Dayton, OH? I pick up some Dayton radio stations and it seemed like they were the "local" boys - always doing gigs there.

Comment

Working...
                              X