Speaking of pedal boards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of pedal boards...

How long are the guitar cords you use? I have been using a 20' from my amp to the pedal board, and another 20' from the guitar to the board. I'm thinking this might/does degrade the tone. Also, what about the cord between your effects/send receive and the pedal board (for those that use a stomp boxes)? I read somewhere that Mesa recomended 3' as a maximum between the send/effect and 3' from the effect to the receive. Any input on this? It seems to me that 80' of guitar cord in your signal path is not a good thing...

Usually I use a 15 or 20 foot depending on the stage in between my guitar and pedals, then a 15 from the pedals to the amp, and 15s in the effects loop. Tone degrading Im sure, but it makes my setup a whole lot neater and easier to pack up.

Comment

I use a 12' from guitar to first pedal. Then I use a 10' from the pedalboard to the amp. I stay fairly close to my board, so I don't need cables longer than that.

As far as tone degradation, it's always good to have at least one pedal with a good buffered bypass in your pedal chain. This will help maintain better tone over long cable distances. Some effects loops are buffered and some are not. A buffered pedal should make up for a loop without a buffer.

Comment

I use a 12' from the board to the amp and an 8' or 10' (I can't remember) from the guitar to the board. I keep a 20' in my bag in case I need a spare or a longer run. If I use pedals in the loop I leave them on top of the amp with some 1.5' cables and turn them on/off in the loop as a whole. I don't do this all that much anymore though.

Comment

Working...
        X