Fed Ex was good to me today!.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Ex was good to me today!.........

After almost two months of backorder crap, I finally got mine. I guess these are pretty popular little units huh??? I was told that M-Audio was bought out by somebody else and they're just now getting caught up with production. All I care is I finally got mine, and if I ever figure this damn thing out I may just be posting some tunes soon! .......wish me luck.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

nice score!
    but what da hell is it?!
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

It's an M-Audio Delta 1010, silly!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't feel bad, a couple of months ago I didn't even know these things existed. It is a PCI computer recording interface. My music PC had an Audigy card in it, and it sounded like crap, so I never did any serious recording. I finally decided to get a "real" recording interface. After searching every avenue I landed on the 1010. Now we'll see if I'm smart enough to use it!

Comment

Good luck with your new toy.

I think AVID (Digidesign) bought M-Audio. Or merged or whatever. AVID has aquired other companies as well lately, so their product range is huge.

I hope you PC will cope with the 1010

Oh and thank you for posting a picture of the box! I couldn't have made it through the day without seeing it.... just kidding, i know you're just happy you got it
          Last edited by jackson1; 04-13-2006, 08:34 AM.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Cool stuff, looking forward to hearing some tracks!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
              Good luck with your new toy.

I think AVID (Digidesign) bought M-Audio. Or merged or whatever. AVID has aquired other companies as well lately, so their product range is huge.
              Yup, Digi puchased M-Audio. The interface should have shipped with ProTools LE software.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Matt, is LE included with the 1010?
                Henrik

Comment

Yes, it did ship with ProTools SE. And yes, it was Digidesign who purchased M-Audio. According to my sales rep at Sweetwater, that was why there was such a huge backorder for this unit. I did a little further research today! And hey Jackson1, sorry about the pics of the box, I hadn't even opened it yet! It's open now though!

Comment

If a fully working version of LE (SE?) is bundled with the 1010, it's amazing!
                    Henrik

Comment

aahh... I see...
                      interessting!! what can you connect to the 19" unit?
                      and how expensive is something like that?
                      LE is the software if I figure right, huh?

looks nice for sure!!

the audigy wasn't that great? I have onboard sound right now on one of my mashines, and this sucks like hell. I've been thinking about going creative, and this one seemed affordable...

Comment

Micha, on the rear of the rack mount (break-out box) is eight 1/4" balanced (trs) inputs and outputs, and word clock ins and outs. It connects to a PCI card in the computer. The PCI card also has SPDIF connections which can be ran simultaneously with the breakout box giving a total of 10 channels in and out. I have an Alesis 12R mixer, which has eight channels with mic pres, and two stereo line level channels. By using the eight channel inserts on the mixer routed to the line ins and outs of the 1010, I'll have eight mic pres directly to the computer. The outs to the computer will be pre-fader for recording, and ins are post-fader for monitoring. You can also combine up to four units for 32 tracks (which I'll probably never do).
                        The price of the unit was $400.00. ....and before anyone gets too excited, the Pro Tools CD turned out to be just a demo. Doesn't matter as I use Cakewalk anyway.

Comment

damn, I'm soo not up to date...
                          sounds really pretty impressive!! thx for your input!

Comment

protools software os is free mate,they make money on the hardware and plugins they produce later.I have used the Digi001 since day one of its arrival in the UK shops and the Digidesign software is rock solid and pro looking in its few windows and ease of use.I think my windows music machine runs on win 98 2nd edition system(bought brand new in 98/99 with the protools hardware) and i dont intend to upgrade it.
                            thats a decent interface you have bought,will sound great

Comment

Pro Tools is not free.

Unless Digidesign or some re-seller decides to bundle it with a sound card for instance.

Pro Tools LE is $499 retail (afair).
                              Pro Tools M-Powered is $499 too.
                              Music Production Kit and DV Kit is around $499.

Higher end Pro Tools is $? (a lot).
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X