No announcement yet.

Fed Ex was good to me today!.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProTools seems to be the buzz word these days. So what would I be able to do with it that I can't do with Cakewalk? I'm not sure I could justify the cost for my little "piddling" studio.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

stick this in your pipe and smoke it
      http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/

I have used protools now for about 8 years-there used to be a 32 track free version a few years back designed for the mixers in pro studios to run on their laptops so they could take projects home with them if they wanted

Like i said Protools is free

Comment

I messed a little bit up in my previous post, sorry. PTLE can't be bought standalone - it's bundled with Digidesign hardware.

I know these facts, but my post was sloppy because i've been mixing an album since wednesday, using 16 hours a day and it have to be finished before wednesday this week. I have been getting approx. 5 hours of sleep per 24 hours the last 5 days and it's beginning to show. I'm exhausted. I shouldn't post...

But honestly Justin, when you say that "Pro Tools" is free you're generalizing and you know it.
        There's no such thing as "Pro Tools" software.
        There's Pro Tools LE, Pro Tools M-Powered, Pro Tools FREE etc.

I hope viewers didn't get all exited when you generalized "Pro Tools" as free. Most users would get the impression that the no.1 used software in the professional music industry is now free.

Pro Tools FREE is free. And for a reason. It's crippled and it will not run on Windows XP, 2000, or NT - nor Mac OS X, or in Classic mode on OS X.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Tell us what you really think, Henrik!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

After reading about Protools Free, it's no wonder it's free.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X