Fender blues deluxe/ blues deville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender blues deluxe/ blues deville

i'm looking for an amp that has a good blues sound and will also do that classic rock crunch...as i mostly play a telecaster for this stuff i though i'd check out the hallowed halls of fender to see what they had...so has anyone ever tried these amps? the seem to be right up my street...

...also whats the difference between the two?

You might want to also look at a peavey classic 30 or 50. They have good clean and blues tones with a better crunch then the fenders.

Comment

oh yeah thanks if my memory serves me right didn't skynyrd use clssic peaveys?

Comment

I had a original version Blues Deville 4x10. It's a great amp. The clean is killer and takes od/boost pedals really well. The OD and more OD channel is also great. I got the best rock sounds with the pre gain at 4 or below.

To me the minuses (sp?) were A: It's freaking loud (what did you say?) and B the reverb ain't my style.

I eventually sold the amp because I also wanted it to do metal and hard rock. I was never able to find an acceptable way to accomplish that.
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

yeah i've heard a lot of people say that they're freakin loud amps...was urs the hot rod version then if it had the extra drive channel?

Comment

ah man i just checked the sound samples for the classic 30...man that amp is smokin! yeaaahooo

Comment

The peavey classic amps are great and often over looked, solid workhorse amps. The fenders you mention are also great amps though and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. The carvin nomad and belair also get good reviews. I've never played them first hand but they are a similar style amp to what you mentioned. Just trying to increase your amp list!

Comment

hehe thanks...i shall have to find somewhere here i can try them all out in the Uk ..all the shops i have in my area, even the warehouses seem to always have loads of stuff but never a huge range of it...

Comment

I think it was a Blues Deville, but not sure. It did have the drive and more drive channels.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Get a Mesa Lonestar Special or a Peavey Classic!

Comment

how much are lonestars? i been damn tempted to look at one...doubt i can afford it tho...might just go for the classic

Comment

The Lonestar Special is $1699 and worth every penny. That amp is awesome.

Comment

I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about that amp lately, I'd love to try one.

Comment

Working...
                          X