wired up my pedalboard - pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wired up my pedalboard - pics!

The eagle-eyed will notice the jacks violating the sides of the board. Left side is for guitar in and out to the amp: right side is fx loop stuff in and out. I decided to go with the following signal chain:

Guitar -->wireless-->modded crybaby-->boost pedal(s) of the hour-->amp

amp channel switcher is on the board (Peavey JSX)

Fx loop send-->Ibanez FL9 Flanger--->Boss Harmonist Pedal--->MXR Stereo Chorus-->Line6 Echo Park-->fx return

This shows off my mad cable/power routing skillz

I also am using a one spot power adapter with a daisy chain cord. Well, I drilled a hole in the end but left the foam padding intact. Used it for a 'pressure fit' of the female end of the cord. Long story short - other than the power cord for the MXR, All the cabling for the pedalboard is pretty much self contained. Plug in four guitar cords and one power to the jack shown in the above pic, plug in the MXR and pow, I'm ready to effect the world.

Pete

nice!! my pedal board sucks!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice job, looks good! I like how you angled the second row riser, I might have to borrow that idea

Comment

Good call on the FL9...those 9 series Ibanez reissues are great and kind of get overlooked except for the TS9 I think...

Comment

Good lookin' board T.A.!
          Where abouts in Tulsa are you?, I was born and raised in an around Tulsa and lived there for over 25 years. Been livin' in the Northeast for quite a while now. Parents still live in Bixby,Ok.

Comment

NIce board.....I really like the way you have organized and segragated them between "direct" and the FX loop. It is food for thought......If I could only organize my chit that well ! Great Job!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
              Good call on the FL9...those 9 series Ibanez reissues are great and kind of get overlooked except for the TS9 I think...
              I like em too. Mine isn't a reissue though. I think the guy I bought it from had it wrapped in plastic it's whole life. I used to have the chorus too, great pedal, wish I still had it. The MXR is pretty awesome though.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan
                Good lookin' board T.A.!
                Where abouts in Tulsa are you?, I was born and raised in an around Tulsa and lived there for over 25 years. Been livin' in the Northeast for quite a while now. Parents still live in Bixby,Ok.
                Near the middle - 31st and Memorial area. Next time you're in town, gimme a shout we can grab a beer and talk guitars!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei
                  NIce board.....I really like the way you have organized and segragated them between "direct" and the FX loop. It is food for thought......If I could only organize my chit that well ! Great Job!
                  Thanks. I just put the pedals 'in line' before I started really getting serious about the wire ties and such. Just seems like it'll be easier to deal with any issues that crop up if I keep it as simple/straightforward as possible.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper
                    Nice job, looks good! I like how you angled the second row riser, I might have to borrow that idea
                    That's how it was out of the box - was cheaper than anything else I could get at GC that wasn't a bag - I almost hollowed out a guitar case, but I think this will work better. Here's a link to it: http://www.coffincase.com/products/sk110.htm

Pete

Comment

Very cool, Pete! I've actually got the same exact Coffin Case board for my GT-8.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hate to hijack the thread, but Toejam, I own a Boss ME33, and was thinking of upgrading to the GT8. How much will I love myself for doing so?

BTW, nice pedal board, Twister
                        www.myspace.com/madeaband
                        www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I don't have any knowledge about the ME33, but I'm sure the GT8 is much better. The Boss board should be able to help you. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet looking board! I threw one together with some left over plywood. I am getting rid of my rack since I've built my pedal board and the addtion of my Yamaha UD Stomp. I'm also using a One Spot and it works great. My only beef is running my FX loop cables to the pedal board but what can ya do!

Comment

How is the Boss SD-1? I may buy one this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X