• Show
Clear All

• Any Black Box Users?

Love it? Hate it?

Thanks,
    Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Did you ever check one of these out? I've got one coming, I'll post a review later.

Comment

Well, I've had mine for a few day's. My first impression was that it's pretty typical as moddlers go. I went to the website and downloaded the new "firmware update". This increased the amps from 12 to 40 and man what a difference in tone! High gain models like the Bogner Ubershall and Extasy, Peavey 5150, Soldano SLO, Engle Powerball just to name a few. I can't say for sure how close they come to the originals but these all sound great. It is a little noisey with high gain, but not terrible. The update also incresed the effects to 120, most of which are unusable aside from chorus, there is a seperate delay function that is pretty good. There's an assload of drumbeats as well that make practicing pretty cool. You can hook up to the computer with the USB cable, I had this working, but the Abelton live software gives me a massive headache so I really haven't dabbled with that much yet. Another feature I really like is that it has an output knob for the guitar input, so if you have a guitar with active hot pickups, you can control the output and vice versa. Anyway, that's it for now, hope this was helpfull to someone.

Comment

It was to me, thanks. I want to test drive it, mainly for the beat synch'ed effects, but I wouldn't jump in 'cold.' So thanks for the report, I look forward to more if you get a chance!

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Glad this offered some insight for you Keith. You mentioned the beat synched effects, I started playing around with them and it really makes it easy to come up with some cool sounds. The only thing I miss in the effects is that there is no phaser, or at least I haven't found it yet! Tons of options on this, it's probably the best bet for you're money. The arppegiators (sp) are neat, you can select a drum beat, play a single note and it follows "synched" to the beat. I'm really loving the 5150, Powerball, and Soldano models too. Sounds awesome through headphones.

Comment

Working...
          X