Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta Question...

Hey guys. I need some opinions.
    I have a Vetta HD upgraded to 2.5. I run it through 2 Randall cabinets in true stereo. 1 is open backed. The other is closed. I like the combination.
    I am thinking about going from the Vetta HD to the Vetta combo for a few reasons.
    #1. I don't use the Vetta HD at all at home because its a pain in the ass to set up the head and cabinets at home. I wind up using my Boss GT-6 at home because its more convenient. If I had the Vetta combo I would use it at home.
    #2. When I play live and I use my Vetta HD, I use a 2 x 12 cab closed and a 2 x 12 cab open. If I used the Vetta combo live and I brought a 2 x 12 closed back extension cabinet I would have essentially the same exact rig and I would have 1 less thing to cart around.

I know that the Vetta HD is 100w more than the combo. I also know that the combo is a pain to tweak live because you can't see the front panel unless you are on top of it. I also know the combo doesn't look as cool live as the head but... I don't nearly need the extra power of the HD, I hardly ever tweak my settings live and I really don't care what it looks like at this point.
    So... with that said, do you guys think its a good idea to go from the head to the combo for me?

Pod Xt live
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
      Pod Xt live
      I already have a Boss GT-6. I prefer it to the XT live.
      I am talking strictly Vetta. I have no intentions of switching to another amp. I love the Vetta.

Comment

I was teasin
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
          I was teasin
          Duh....

Comment

You're asking us? You're the Vetta expert around here!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you decide to go combo let me know, I'm looking for a HD.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                You're asking us? You're the Vetta expert around here!
                Well.. since you put it that way, I think the combo is more practical.

Comment

Man, I've been on the other side of that fence for a while. I always thought that the head would be more practical. YOu could go 4x12 or 2x12 or whatever you want. Well, the more time goes on, I'm kinda diggin the combo. It's a pain to haul around to gigs. Especially in the roadcase, but I like it being in one package. I kinda wish the back was closed, but it still sounds great. You know how good it sounded with the Genz Benz.

I'd say, go for the Combo, but I'm still on the fence myself.
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda
                    Man, I've been on the other side of that fence for a while. I always thought that the head would be more practical. YOu could go 4x12 or 2x12 or whatever you want. Well, the more time goes on, I'm kinda diggin the combo. It's a pain to haul around to gigs. Especially in the roadcase, but I like it being in one package. I kinda wish the back was closed, but it still sounds great. You know how good it sounded with the Genz Benz.

I'd say, go for the Combo, but I'm still on the fence myself.
                    I hear you Jim. The nice thing about the combo is all you need to do is add a closed back cab and your all set.
                    They are both great. If I had a 4 x 12 I would probably keep the HD. I'll probably still keep the head. I was thinking about building a shelf for it so I can keep it hooked up to my PC all the time. Its hooked up now because I am recording at home tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X