Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Amp comparisons

Hey guys,
    Three amps : 1987x Head, 4010 Horizontal Combo (2204 in a combo), and 4210 Combo (2205? in a combo)

Which would you get rid of?

Not into over the top gain. you can only keep two.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

BTW, I know how stupid this thread sounds - the two compos sound similar, the 1987x is great for JP point of entry, AC/DC, and British Steel tones. I made up my mind already, but the question in my mind is between the 4010 and 4210.

The reverb, fx loop, extra channel and tubes are really overkill to me, but are intriguing. Is it worth it? The 4210 is 85% condition and the 4010 is beat to shit, but clean and original inside.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

i would dump the 4010. you don't need 2 single channel marshalls. use the 1987 for all your vintage tones, use the 4210 for your channel switching "modern" marshall tones.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I would keep the 4010, with a pedal in front it will get just as much gain as the other amp and sound more warm and natural. As to haveing a two channel amp, the 4210 does not have that great of a clean.

Comment

I am partial to the 4210 - it's been my main amp since 1985!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            I am partial to the 4210 - it's been my main amp since 1985!
            I have had those series, then i got a 2204 with 6550 tubes, threw a boost in front and holy shit! So much more depth and warner distortion then the 2205's and that whole series of amps.

Comment

I would keep the 4010. Its cooler.

Comment

Working...
              X