Cube 60 vs. Cube 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cube 60 vs. Cube 30

I realize either one is smalltime for most of you, but I'm just not good enough yet to justify the cost of a tube, I only play in my basement, and a modeller will let me play with different effects before I go buy $500 worth of pedals. Anyway, I've read good things about Roland, and the 60 only has a few features not found on the 30 (Presence knob, Bright switch, etc.), for about $150 more.

The 30 is realistically all I need, but what turns me off about it is Reverb/Delay are NOT footswitchable (only Channels & the other 4 EFX are), while evrything is on the 60 if you're willing to spend a fortune on footswitches. I'm guessing the 60 is loud enough to cause a divorce? So assuming I'm never able to crank it up past 5, is the 12" speaker still going to sound alot better than the 10"? Which one should I get?

The only other modeller I like nearly as much are the Vox ADVTs, but I've only played with the 30 for a few minutes. Are they about equivalent to the Cubes?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Last edited by ewright; 04-29-2006, 12:42 PM.

I own both. I prefer the AD30VT way over the cube 30. The Vox sounds a little less like a SS amp. You could always buy one of those epiphone valve junior heads for $99.00 and find a cabinet to go with it.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I have the Cube 30 and Cube Bass 30.
      I'll do a search on the AD30vt just to kill time.

Comment

Working...
      X