Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Tuner Pedal?

Alright guys,

Which is the better tuner pedal, the Boss TU2 or the Korg one lol cant remember the name - DT10?... Its silver and chunky.

But aye, which is better and why.

Thanks

James

The TU2 is the better of the 2.

People also rave about the Peterson Strobostomp.
    I have never had a problem with the TU2.
    Heck,, I have a TU12 that I bought new around 25 years ago that still works great. Its been through everything including being submerged in beer.

Comment

For live - TU2, for studio StroboStomp.

Basically the TU2 will get you close enough for live shows, but it has a large enough window that it considers "in tune" that when double tracking guitars it becomes very apparent that they are not in tune with each other.

The Strobostomp is so accurate that it takes a while to get the guitar in tune, and most shows I've played I don't have a lot of time to tune before the soundman is cutting the set short...
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
        Its been through everything including being submerged in beer.
        Er, how'd that happen?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

here's the best one on the market...

can't be beat for under 50.00 dollars
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I have a strobostomp and its awesome! I mean, it's really good. One thing I was told (and works) for those of you who find it touchy:
            turn down your vol knob so not so hot a signal hits it. Works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic
              here's the best one on the market...

can't be beat for under 50.00 dollars
              Yep, excellent pedal for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by thenine
                I have a strobostomp and its awesome! I mean, it's really good. One thing I was told (and works) for those of you who find it touchy:
                turn down your vol knob so not so hot a signal hits it. Works great for me.

+1 on the strobo. I went back to pedals from rack/modelling gear, and I love the strobo. It's insanely accurate, and you can use it for setting your intonation. It's pricey, but take care of it and it will be the last tuner you need.

Pete

Comment

Does anyone notice tone suckage with the TU2? I've been using one for the past couple of years. One day I bypassed it and couldn't believe the difference in the tone. With the TU2 in line, it was alot thinner.

Comment

I was set on the TU2 till I read about it sucking tone..... Hmm....

Cheers for the opinions guys

James

Comment

Never had any tone suckage with the TU-2 here and I've owned two of 'em. Though the other guitar player in my old band borrowed one of my TU-2's and my old Boss Noise Gate and I haven't heard from him since.

Comment

My stuff sounds the same with or without the tu2

Comment

Fair do's!

TU2 it is. Now someone sell me one for cheap

James

Comment

Working...
                          X