Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the big deal with original WH-1 Whammy pedals?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the big deal with original WH-1 Whammy pedals?!?!

Just curious if you all knew what the big deal is with the original Digitech Whammy WH-1 pedal versus the newer ones. The originals sell for $600-$700 on ebay! I've got one and just wondering if I ought to just sell it and buy a newer one and bank the rest of the cash for my San Dimas Charvel fund..... Is there supposed to be a major difference in tone or is it one of those "vintage" things....

collectability. Thats all. The company that made the original ones only did so for a short time.

Comment

I got mine for $140 on Ebay.............7 years ago.

Comment

Collectability for sure, also the sound. Since the chipset manufacturer and digitech seperated all those years ago, these things will remain in collectors hands only with the price they push. I got mine at the start of this year. I tried a wh4 and found it to be a great unit, does its job well. But its not the same, and in the long run I'd rather make money then lose it, so I spent almost twice as much on a wh-1

Dime Satch and Vai are in my top 5 and used them, so I wanted the same sound they got (dime especially) and its the only way to get it. But have no fear I rock mine nilly every day

Comment

So, besides the collectability aspect, then there is a tone difference.....

Comment

the funny thing is this...shhhh...the whammy pedal was built into an ips33b...and you can pick those up used for 150 bucks if you find them...but dint tell anyone i told you...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yep uses the same chip that was in the wh1, I was also after one of those whilst looking for my whammy. It also has a shimmer effect I wanna hear!

But yeah, alot of tone difference, particularly when its distorting the notes or your playing out of tune, a lovely slight digital mash there thats unique to the original unit.

Comment

Working...
              X