Hosted a Tone Party yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosted a Tone Party yesterday

Quite a nice turnout. I forgot pics of my own stuff. I was too busy hosting. I had free T-shirts & prizes for every guy who brought an amp. Also free pizza. Next year I'm thinking we need an amp girl.
    http://www.nicholsal.com/misc/tone/menu.htm

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
    Quite a nice turnout. I forgot pics of my own stuff. I was too busy hosting. I had free T-shirts & prizes for every guy who brought an amp. Also free pizza. Next year I'm thinking we need an amp girl.
    http://www.nicholsal.com/misc/tone/menu.htm
    What a delicious menu!

Which was the most pleasing to the pallet? How did that Fuchs taste?

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I see Bogner and Bad Cat were on the menu!!! That alone makes it worthwhile

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Looked like fun. I like that emerald Boogie!

Comment

That's quite the selection!! Must have been a blast!!

Comment

Forgot to ask if anyone brought a Vetta?

Comment

it's not on the menu

Looks like a fun day. a bunch of guys hanging out with amps, free t-shirts, pizza. Doesn't get much better. Unless you had an amp girl....

forgot to ask - how do the Kranks stack up in that company?
              Last edited by VitaminG; 05-22-2006, 08:36 PM.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks guys. There were a variety of players and all tastes had an amp worthy of representation. The "Menu" was 2/3 complete. I had some guys just show up which was OK by me. No Vetta to compare. I don't remember the Fuchs. I was busy with pics, questions, T-shirts, so sometimes it was a blur to me.

As a rocker, I liked the Soldano and the Marshall Jubliee best for live rig. The Carr was my pick for home amp. Of course the Bogs and Rectos were all good too. The Two Rock head was nice for jazz. Had some badass Fenders for blues too. Overall not a bad amp in the bunch except maybe the Chadwick. I do think it was unanimous that the Kranks fell short of expectation. The Revolution was cool but comparisons with the 5150 were so close, many of us wondered why spend the extra on the Krank? The Zwengel had a sweet drive channel but when you kicked in the boost channel, it got buzzy and lost definition.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't recall a JCF invite!?

Originally posted by MBreinin
                  Which was the most pleasing to the pallet?
                  ? Why would you want to please a

?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

nice menu

Comment

Next time all are welcome to come to Iowa.. follow the light... don't get lost in the corn.

I actually mentioned I wished JGCable and his perfectly tweeked Vetta 2.5 could show up. Line6 has been here and gone in Iowa. Didn't sell too well.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                        The Zwengel had a sweet drive channel but when you kicked in the boost channel, it got buzzy and lost definition.
                        Wow! Someone else owns a Zwengel!

I have a Banshee 50 head and Zwengel 4x12 cabinet. I really love it. My boost channel sounds better than you described. I like it better than my friends Mesa F30, which does indeed sound buzzy. Ah, it's all subjective though, isn't it?

Sounds like a great time. Congrats.

- Eric
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL
                          I like it better than my friends Mesa F30, which does indeed sound buzzy. Ah, it's all subjective though, isn't it?
                          Definitely subjective. I had an F30... it only sounded buzzy when I played my Fender Double Fat Strat through it. All of my other guitars sounded fine.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            Definitely subjective. I had an F30... it only sounded buzzy when I played my Fender Double Fat Strat through it. All of my other guitars sounded fine.
                            Have played his PRS and my SLATQH through it; wasn't blown away by its heavy overdrive. Sounded really thin to me.

Oh well, he doesn't care my Zwengel, so in the end, everyone's happy!

- E.
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I love my Mesa

Comment

Working...
                              X