• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Score...Couldn't Resist!!!!!

Oh, man...I couldn't help myself!

These things sound so BADASS!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

No loop, but I mailed Trace over at Voodoo to see if he could loop it for me. I figure this bad boy on half power, tube rectifier selected and a 2x12 ought to be the Brown Sound machine!!

Here is what they can sound like, in case you haven't heard this clip.....this was done with a Strat and a 10 inch speaker!

http://www.voodooamps.com/sounds/vibrowitchdoctor.mp3

So, being this is a 5 Watt amp and has a 1/2 power "Brown Out" mode....what speakers would you run with it for the ultimate smooth VH tone? Greenbacks? V30s? G12H's??

I wonder how this would sound with a Crispy Cream pedal pushing it..I bet SICK!!

Man, this is going to be a fun toy...or it may suck...I guess I will find out.

Oh, and Pete, I guess you can disregard my PM for now.

Mike

http://www.voodooamps.com/sounds/vibrowitchdoctor.mp3
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

that sounds cool. I've never seen that before.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

"So, being this is a 5 Watt amp and has a 1/2 power "Brown Out" mode....what speakers would you run with it for the ultimate smooth VH tone? Greenbacks? V30s? G12H's??"
      i'd say the 25w greenbacks are probably your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
        "So, being this is a 5 Watt amp and has a 1/2 power "Brown Out" mode....what speakers would you run with it for the ultimate smooth VH tone? Greenbacks? V30s? G12H's??"
        i'd say the 25w greenbacks are probably your best bet.
        Yeah, that is what I was thinking. The dude over at Avatar keeps suggesting a G12H...I need to call him up and chat about it.

Mike

Comment

Seems pricy for a modded 1x10

but what do I know?

That sound clip rocked
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Seems pricy for a modded 1x10

but what do I know?

That sound clip rocked
            Dude, the mods cost $500 alone.

3 preamp tubes....Witchdoctor preamp. Switchable between tube or SS rectifier. Master volume. 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker out. 1/2 power switch. Pure metal....its like a mini-dual recto.

Mike

Comment

those clips were amazing!

great buy

Comment

In many eyes, that would be considered a butchered classic amp. But I must say those clips sound cool! As long as it sounds good and works for ya that's all that matters.

Comment

OK cool, you can use this as a head...that's how I use my Marshall 1x12...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X