Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, amp masters...I need your expertise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, amp masters...I need your expertise...

OK, here is the question.

Adding time based effects in REAL TIME to a non-looped amp. Obviously, you can't add them up front. You need to add them post amplification. Now, I have read that Eddie, for example, used a dummy load device (now uses a Palmer Speaker Simulator) to absorb the cranked amp juice, introduced the time based effects post load device and then out to a power amp and into speakers.

Does anyone know if there is an all in one device that handles this? Basically a dummy load with an effects loop built in...an external effects loop in effect?

If not, does anyone know of an inexpensive device that would perform this same function?

Thanks!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

I have no idea what it would sound like but my Weber miniMASS attenuator has a line out. I guess you could go Amp1 > MASS > FX > Poweramp

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
      I have no idea what it would sound like but my Weber miniMASS attenuator has a line out. I guess you could go Amp1 > MASS > FX > Poweramp
      Yes, I need something that has a line out I "think". Like the THD UniValve has.

This is for a 5 watt amp, not a real powerhouse!!

Mike

Comment

Great call my man!

The new MicroMass will do the trick. I called Weber and spoke to them...then ordered it. I think it is going to work out well.

Thanks!

Mike

Comment

Weber stuff is great. I use the Mass 150 myself for a wet / dry setup. Reverb, Delay and Chorus sound huge in this kind of rig.

Comment

Working...
          X