build your own amp case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• build your own amp case?

Anyone ever build thier own amp case? I'm thinking of doing that for my 2x12 amp for my amp head.

Thoughts?
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Yup. Built a new headshell for my Randall RGT100, and built a matching 412 cab. Or are you talking about a road case? A road case would be cheaper to buy than build I would think. They are all over Ebay.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

If your talking about a raod case, just buy one. My friend is a carpenter and priced it out for me. Its cheaper just to buy one.

Comment

There's an echo in here.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Echo, Echo, Echo.

Comment

I've used old military trunks or a metal storage trunk with success.

Comment

Yea, road case. Thanks for the info. Any recommended places to buy from?
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

check out surplus places... you should have a few in Duluth/Superior. I recall a pretty sizeable one in either Hibbing or Chisholm.. think it was the latter.

That and garage sales can allow you good finds on old storage chests but its a hunt n peck-hit n miss type of deal. You have to have some resolve and patience with going the bargain route and you don't want to spend alot of time in gas and such. Search the papers, or the yellow pages.. call first and see if they have what you may be interested in dimension/construction wise.

I have an old metal sided storage locker job that has been with me for 20+ years and I got it for like 10 bucks. It's 1/4 ply with sheetmetal and heavy duty latches. All I had to do was line it with foam. I should have installed castors too back in the day in hindsight as the thing weighed a ton with a Marshall 100w + accessories.

Sometimes you can use an anvil style cord case or 'slush junk case' that some band had.. it may be a bit out of dimension but you can always add foam for slightly oversize or cut out foam if its a tight fit or too much padding.

Comment

Yea, I want to put my 2x12 in one. I don't want my my kids dinging it up. Funny, road cases to protect my gear setting is my basement

Comment

Working...
                  X